Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default waterproof adhesive

We are looking for a strong waterproof adhesive (preferably one that can be
applied to damp surfaces) for sticking rubbery materials that will be in wet
conditions. (think of it as being similar to sticking rubber soles on
shoes ).

(ideally it will not be in a sealant tube, but preferably in a pot with a
lid). Thanks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave West wrote:
We are looking for a strong waterproof adhesive (preferably one that
can be applied to damp surfaces) for sticking rubbery materials that
will be in wet conditions. (think of it as being similar to sticking
rubber soles on shoes ).

(ideally it will not be in a sealant tube, but preferably in a pot
with a lid). Thanks.

It would help if you just came out and told us what it's intended for
instead of giving obscure clues.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/02/2013 16:44, Dave West wrote:
We are looking for a strong waterproof adhesive (preferably one that can be
applied to damp surfaces) for sticking rubbery materials that will be in wet
conditions. (think of it as being similar to sticking rubber soles on
shoes ).

(ideally it will not be in a sealant tube, but preferably in a pot with a
lid). Thanks.

Check out Shoe Goo
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0045CJV9...N=B0045C JV9A
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 11 Feb 2013 17:04:21 -0000
"Phil L" wrote:

Dave West wrote:
We are looking for a strong waterproof adhesive (preferably one that
can be applied to damp surfaces) for sticking rubbery materials that
will be in wet conditions. (think of it as being similar to sticking
rubber soles on shoes ).

(ideally it will not be in a sealant tube, but preferably in a pot
with a lid). Thanks.

It would help if you just came out and told us what it's intended for
instead of giving obscure clues.

It probably requires you to prove your age before going any further!
--
Davey.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/02/13 16:44, Dave West wrote:
We are looking for a strong waterproof adhesive (preferably one that can be
applied to damp surfaces) for sticking rubbery materials that will be in wet
conditions. (think of it as being similar to sticking rubber soles on
shoes ).

(ideally it will not be in a sealant tube, but preferably in a pot with a
lid). Thanks.

wet before gluing, or afterwards?

If the latter, try a spirit based contact adhesive like evostik original.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/02/13 16:44, Dave West wrote:
We are looking for a strong waterproof adhesive (preferably one that
can be
applied to damp surfaces) for sticking rubbery materials that will be
in wet
conditions. (think of it as being similar to sticking rubber soles on
shoes ).

(ideally it will not be in a sealant tube, but preferably in a pot with a
lid). Thanks.

wet before gluing, or afterwards?

If the latter, try a spirit based contact adhesive like evostik original.

don't think evostik would be any good if it is wet

Copydex ot any latex based might be better option .......... or thr
small tubes of paddling pool repair glue.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/02/13 19:32, Rick Hughes wrote:
On 11/02/13 16:44, Dave West wrote:
We are looking for a strong waterproof adhesive (preferably one that
can be
applied to damp surfaces) for sticking rubbery materials that will be
in wet
conditions. (think of it as being similar to sticking rubber soles on
shoes ).

(ideally it will not be in a sealant tube, but preferably in a pot
with a
lid). Thanks.

wet before gluing, or afterwards?

If the latter, try a spirit based contact adhesive like evostik original.

don't think evostik would be any good if it is wet

You think wrong:

"*spirit* based contact adhesive like evostik *original*"

Thats the stinky stuff you need to be 18 to buy.

Copydex ot any latex based might be better option .......... or thr
small tubes of paddling pool repair glue.

No., that lets go when its wet.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/02/2013 16:44, Dave West wrote:
We are looking for a strong waterproof adhesive (preferably one that can be
applied to damp surfaces) for sticking rubbery materials that will be in wet
conditions. (think of it as being similar to sticking rubber soles on
shoes ).

(ideally it will not be in a sealant tube, but preferably in a pot with a
lid). Thanks.

Two part polyurethane adhesives have the best cure properties if you can
handle them without getting yourself glued to the job. Otherwise the
generic Evostick is probably about as good as it gets in a shed.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/02/2013 07:34, Martin Brown wrote:
On 11/02/2013 16:44, Dave West wrote:
We are looking for a strong waterproof adhesive (preferably one that
can be
applied to damp surfaces) for sticking rubbery materials that will be
in wet
conditions. (think of it as being similar to sticking rubber soles on
shoes ).

(ideally it will not be in a sealant tube, but preferably in a pot with a
lid). Thanks.

Two part polyurethane adhesives have the best cure properties if you can
handle them without getting yourself glued to the job. Otherwise the
generic Evostick is probably about as good as it gets in a shed.

Just been fiddling about trying to put some stick-on soles on a pair of
ladies' boots. Good old Clarks, selling footwear that will send you
skidding over any tiled surface when wet, and I'm talking ice rink
slippery. I had a pair that did that many moons ago and I just binned them.
Anyway, the self adhesive they came with didn't work, nor did generic
contact adhesive, nor did hot melt. Super glue looks promising but
probably won't be flexible enough. Strange thing is that the hot melt
bonded pretty well to the shoe but not even slightly to the stick-on
sole. Yeah, I know about Shoe Goo, but I get the feeling these soles are
made from something weird (looks like crepe, and not smooth, but
absolutely bloody lethal)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"stuart noble" wrote in message
[...]

The glue you used to be able to get from woolworths in small tubes for their
stick-a-soles used to be brilliant stuff.

But have not seen anything similar since. It said it was polyurethane on the
tube, and their seem to be a lot of adhesives about calling themselves
polyurethane now, but as far as i can see i dont think they are the same at
all.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://polymarineshop.com/adhesive.html i use the top one for repairing wetsuits, your application will be lower stress. The repair lasts a year