Posted to alt.home.repair
Zz Yzx

Default waterproof adhesive and grout

Hi all;

I have a project that involves using stone tile (the kind with 2" X 2"
tiles on a mesh backing) for a cube-shaped structure that will be
submerged in water (a fish habitat in a pond). I envision attaching
the tile sheets to some kind of baking (PVC sheet or cement board?),
and filling hte spaces with grout.

Are there waterproof adheasives and grouts that will stand up to
permanent submersion? Any ideas for backing?

Thanks a heap,
-Zz
Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

"Zz Yzx" wrote in message
news
Hi all;

I have a project that involves using stone tile (the kind with 2" X 2"
tiles on a mesh backing) for a cube-shaped structure that will be
submerged in water (a fish habitat in a pond). I envision attaching
the tile sheets to some kind of baking (PVC sheet or cement board?),
and filling hte spaces with grout.

Are there waterproof adheasives and grouts that will stand up to
permanent submersion? Any ideas for backing?

Thanks a heap,
-Zz

Lots of them, unfortunately they will probably kill the fish. Better go to
the local aquarium and start asking questions from them.