Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Extruded aluminium box

I have an extruded aluminium box - approx 6x4x2" - which has mouldings on
the side which the correct mounting brackets slide into. And they are
missing. I've seen this same box in various sizes used on several things,
but can't find a supplier. Any guesses?

--
*My designated driver drove me to drink

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 11:11:00 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

I have an extruded aluminium box - approx 6x4x2" - which has mouldings on
the side which the correct mounting brackets slide into. And they are
missing. I've seen this same box in various sizes used on several things,
but can't find a supplier. Any guesses?

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/level5/mo...cpc/427756.xml

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
I have an extruded aluminium box - approx 6x4x2" - which has mouldings on
the side which the correct mounting brackets slide into. And they are
missing. I've seen this same box in various sizes used on several things,
but can't find a supplier. Any guesses?

Lots of Google hits on *diecast aluminium enclosures* Farnell, RS Comps.
etc.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 12:02:34 +0000, Tim Lamb wrote:

I have an extruded aluminium box ...

Lots of Google hits on *diecast aluminium enclosures*

Diecast != extruded.

This any good Dave?

http://www.lincolnbinns.com/e-case-lug/

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article o.uk,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 12:02:34 +0000, Tim Lamb wrote:

I have an extruded aluminium box ...

Lots of Google hits on *diecast aluminium enclosures*

Diecast != extruded.

Not really - extruded can be made in any length then simply cut as
required. Die cast is the size of the die.

This any good Dave?

http://www.lincolnbinns.com/e-case-lug/

Looks good - wonder if anyone sells their stuff retail? They don't appear
to sell from their site.

--
*Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 13:19:51 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I have an extruded aluminium box ...

Lots of Google hits on *diecast aluminium enclosures*

Diecast != extruded.

Not really - extruded can be made in any length then simply cut as
required. Die cast is the size of the die.

Perzackerly != means "not equal", should I have used

http://www.lincolnbinns.com/e-case-lug/

Looks good - wonder if anyone sells their stuff retail? They don't
appear to sell from their site.

Any leads from the CPC link if the brackets listed there are no use,
different manufacturer I think.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 12:02:34 +0000, Tim Lamb wrote:

I have an extruded aluminium box ...

Lots of Google hits on *diecast aluminium enclosures*

Diecast != extruded.

Not really - extruded can be made in any length then simply cut as
required. Die cast is the size of the die.

In the distant past, when I had a proper job, ISTR aluminium boxes where
the sides were an extrusion to which you screwed a diecast top and
bottom.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I have an extruded aluminium box - approx 6x4x2" - which has mouldings on
the side which the correct mounting brackets slide into. And they are
missing. I've seen this same box in various sizes used on several things,
but can't find a supplier. Any guesses?

Sounds like something I used to get from RS Components

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I have an extruded aluminium box - approx 6x4x2" - which has mouldings on
the side which the correct mounting brackets slide into. And they are
missing. I've seen this same box in various sizes used on several things,
but can't find a supplier. Any guesses?

Its probaly a 'DIN RAIL Enclosure'

boxes made to standard dimensions into which rails and stuff can be slid.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Reading my post back tells me perhaps it wasn't clear. These are external
brackets - designed to panel mount etc the box which slide into mouldings
on the outside sides of the box. Sort of full modular construction rather
than having a mounting flange as part of the extrusion.

--
*White with a hint of M42*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 13:11:41 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

Reading my post back tells me perhaps it wasn't clear. These are external
brackets - designed to panel mount etc the box which slide into mouldings
on the outside sides of the box. Sort of full modular construction rather
than having a mounting flange as part of the extrusion.

The CPC ones have these,
http://www.boxenclosures.com/technic...ngs/B2-080.pdf shows it a
bit more clearly.