Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Extruded alu strips

Hi,
Tried another newsgroup but no reaction..
So I try here...

I'm looking for extruded aluminium strips.
I remember many years ago you could buy chassis kits with side, top,
bottom, back and front plates and four estruded alu rails.
The front and back plates had to be fixed with small screws to these
rails who had a hole at each side.
The top, bottom and side plates were also fixed to this rails but in the
grooves along the length of these rails.

Now what I'm looking for are these rails...

Who makes them and where to get them?

Any help is very much appreciated..

Zilog
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Zilog wrote:

Hi,
Tried another newsgroup but no reaction..
So I try here...

I'm looking for extruded aluminium strips.
I remember many years ago you could buy chassis kits with side, top,
bottom, back and front plates and four estruded alu rails.
The front and back plates had to be fixed with small screws to these
rails who had a hole at each side.
The top, bottom and side plates were also fixed to this rails but in the
grooves along the length of these rails.

Now what I'm looking for are these rails...

Who makes them and where to get them?

Any help is very much appreciated..

Zilog

Bud Industries used to sell them.

enough left over to pay them.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Zilog" wrote

I'm looking for extruded aluminium strips.
I remember many years ago you could buy chassis kits with side, top,
bottom, back and front plates and four estruded alu rails.
The front and back plates had to be fixed with small screws to these rails
who had a hole at each side.
The top, bottom and side plates were also fixed to this rails but in the
grooves along the length of these rails.

Now what I'm looking for are these rails...

Who makes them and where to get them?

Is this what you're looking for

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/

and then go to

Electrical, Automation & Cables / Enclosures and Fans/ 19in. Racking / Plug
in Units

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On 20/10/2010 11:15, flipper wrote:
On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 08:25:59 +0200, wrote:

Hi,
Tried another newsgroup but no reaction..
So I try here...

I'm looking for extruded aluminium strips.
I remember many years ago you could buy chassis kits with side, top,
bottom, back and front plates and four estruded alu rails.
The front and back plates had to be fixed with small screws to these
rails who had a hole at each side.
The top, bottom and side plates were also fixed to this rails but in the
grooves along the length of these rails.

Now what I'm looking for are these rails...

Who makes them and where to get them?

Any help is very much appreciated..

Zilog

May have a problem looking for "chassis" as I think they're more
commonly listed as enclosures or cabinets.

At any rate, a number of people make various types with extrusions but
off hand buckeye is the one that comes to mind. Hammond makes some
like these as well.

http://buckeyeshapeform.thomasnet.co...res?&plpver=10

Not quite the same as you describe but others do. I just didn't save
the links because they were more expensive than I was looking for at
the time.

Thanks for the replies.
But alaas, no one of the mentioned mfg's do have these extruded rails.
Extruded chassis, yes but no rails.
Maybe I didn't use the correct words to describe "rails"
English is not my language, so I'll give it a shot any way.

The rail I mean is a square alu rod with a size of about 1.5cm (about 5/16")
Lengt is as needed.
There are four grooves, one on each side and over the whole length of
the rod. The groove is about 3mm wide (1/16") and 3 mm deep.

A hole is present that runs from one end to the other end of the rod
with a diameter of approx 3 mm.

If you look at the front of the rod you should see a sort of X.

Measurements are from memory as I can't recal who made, distribute or
sold them.
It's been more then 20 years...

An option is to let them make as a custom item, but I can't do much with
10.000 meter of alu rod...

So the search is not over yet.

Hints are welcome.

Thanks,

Cheers, Zilog

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Zilog" wrote

Zilog wrote

[...]

If it is only a metre or so that you need, it may be simpler to get a local
machine shop to machine some up for you out of solid bar.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Zilog wrote:
Hi,
Tried another newsgroup but no reaction..
So I try here...

I'm looking for extruded aluminium strips.
I remember many years ago you could buy chassis kits with side, top,
bottom, back and front plates and four estruded alu rails.
The front and back plates had to be fixed with small screws to these
rails who had a hole at each side.
The top, bottom and side plates were also fixed to this rails but in
the grooves along the length of these rails.

Now what I'm looking for are these rails...

Who makes them and where to get them?

Any help is very much appreciated..

Zilog

Is the Bud Champion series of small cabinets what you're after?
http://www.budind.com/view.php?part=ccs

--
David
dgminala at mediacombb dot net

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

John wrote:
[...]

The profiles you seek are used at exhibitions to construct all sorts of
counters/display cases , etc.
Also used in shop building, and cabinets in electronics, and power
installations.
Try googling for that type of stuff., we had quite a few lengths in the
lab I worked.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 19:20:56 +0200, Zilog wrote:

[...]

Front Panel Express
(http://www.frontpanelexpress.com/pro...iew/index.html
)
offers enclosures made with aluminum corner extrusions - don't know if
they will sell the extrusions separately. (They also make nice
engraved custom panels.)

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On 10/20/2010 2:25 AM, Zilog wrote:
Hi,
Tried another newsgroup but no reaction..
So I try here...

I'm looking for extruded aluminium strips.
I remember many years ago you could buy chassis kits with side, top,
bottom, back and front plates and four estruded alu rails.
The front and back plates had to be fixed with small screws to these
rails who had a hole at each side.
The top, bottom and side plates were also fixed to this rails but in the
grooves along the length of these rails.

Now what I'm looking for are these rails...

Who makes them and where to get them?

Any help is very much appreciated..

Zilog

Used to be Vero Cases, but as others have said, now looks like Bud
Industries are suppliers

JC
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On 10/20/2010 10:20 AM, Zilog wrote:
[...]

Is this what you want?

http://www.mcmaster.com/#t-slotted-framing/=9d2z2j

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On 20/10/2010 19:38, Dave M wrote:
Zilog wrote:
Hi,
Tried another newsgroup but no reaction..
So I try here...

I'm looking for extruded aluminium strips.
I remember many years ago you could buy chassis kits with side, top,
bottom, back and front plates and four estruded alu rails.
The front and back plates had to be fixed with small screws to these
rails who had a hole at each side.
The top, bottom and side plates were also fixed to this rails but in
the grooves along the length of these rails.

Now what I'm looking for are these rails...

Who makes them and where to get them?

Any help is very much appreciated..

Zilog

Is the Bud Champion series of small cabinets what you're after?
http://www.budind.com/view.php?part=ccs

Sorry, but no. Bud do not have these rails.
Thanks for the trouble.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On 20/10/2010 19:06, John wrote:
"Zilog" wrote

I'm looking for extruded aluminium strips.
I remember many years ago you could buy chassis kits with side, top,
bottom, back and front plates and four estruded alu rails.
The front and back plates had to be fixed with small screws to these rails
who had a hole at each side.
The top, bottom and side plates were also fixed to this rails but in the
grooves along the length of these rails.

Now what I'm looking for are these rails...

Who makes them and where to get them?

Is this what you're looking for

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/

and then go to

Electrical, Automation& Cables / Enclosures and Fans/ 19in. Racking / Plug
in Units

Sorry, but no. RS do not have these rails.
Thanks for the trouble.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On 21/10/2010 1:23, Dan Coby wrote:
[...]

That looks like it.
A bit on the big sude but the idea is there.
As said by Archon, I believe it was Vero way back then...

I have to check with the company.
Thanks
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On 20/10/2010 23:45, Peter Bennett wrote:

[...]

With some changes to the design it could be used. Needs further attention.
Thanks
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On 20/10/2010 20:19, Sjouke Burry wrote:
John wrote:
[...]

Thanks, did that.
But these are usually way to heavy and to big to.
Cheers