Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Worcester Bosch Greenstar CdI - Holiday Mode

Going on holiday soon and will put my room thermostat on Holiday mode with
a temp set at 14degrees.

Question - is there any point in putting the Hot Water controller onto
Holiday Mode? I am assuming that if water isn't drawn off then the boiler
won't fire. Am I correct?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/01/2013 11:20, DerbyBorn wrote:
Going on holiday soon and will put my room thermostat on Holiday mode with
a temp set at 14degrees.

Question - is there any point in putting the Hot Water controller onto
Holiday Mode? I am assuming that if water isn't drawn off then the boiler
won't fire. Am I correct?

You may as well turn the hot water off. It will fire occasionally to
keep the hot water warm - exactly how much will depend on how good your
cylinder jacket is.

As the heat will leak out of the cylinder into the house it probably
doesn't matter much, it will mean the radiator side of the circuit will
fire a bit less.

14 seems a bit warm if all you want to do is stop it freezing.

Andy