Posted to uk.d-i-y
bob bob is offline

Default Help! - how do i repessurise a Worcester-Bosch Greenstar 42 CDI

Hi all,

I removed a radiator to do some diy and had a problem with the TRV, as
a result my CH system lost a few bowls of water.

I have now refitted the rad but my Worsester-Bosch Greenstar 42 CDI is
showing zero pressure.

Will it take some time for the pressure to build? Or do i need to
repressurise my system. There's no water tank in the loft so i
presume i have sealed system and need to open a tap to refill it.
Does anyone know where this is located on this boiler.

Thanks all,
Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

bob wrote:

Will it take some time for the pressure to build? Or do i need to
repressurise my system.

You need to re-pressurise it... you should have a filling loop somewhere.

presume i have sealed system and need to open a tap to refill it.
Does anyone know where this is located on this boiler.

Have a look at Ed's sealed system FAQ:

http://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/SealedCH.html

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
bob bob is offline

On 13 Jul, 22:57, John Rumm wrote:
bob wrote:
Will it take some time for the pressure to build? Or do i need to
repressurise my system. *

You need to re-pressurise it... you should have a filling loop somewhere.

presume i *have sealed system and need to open a tap to refill it.
Does anyone know where this is located on this boiler.

Have a look at Ed's sealed system FAQ:

http://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/SealedCH.html

--
Cheers,

John.

| * * * * *Internode Ltd - *http://www.internode.co.uk* * * * * *|
| * * * *John Rumm - john(at)internode(dot)co(dot)uk * * * * * * *|

Thanks John.

Ok, i have managed to locate the tap (control screw) thanks to the
post below. How long do i leave it open for; how do i know when the
system is pressurised?

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....af50413e4792e8

Thanks again,
Bod

Posted to uk.d-i-y

bob wrote:
Ok, i have managed to locate the tap (control screw) thanks to the
post below. How long do i leave it open for; how do i know when the
system is pressurised?

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....af50413e4792e8

There should be a pressure gauge - you want to take it to about 1 bar
(14 psi) while the system is cold. If you need to bleed the radiator, do
that and then check the pressure again. You may need several bites at
the cherry if you are working alone and the rad has lots of air in it.
(if you have a helper - just have them bleed the rad, while you top up
the pressure each every so often).

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

bob wrote:

Ok, i have managed to locate the tap (control screw) thanks to the
post below. How long do i leave it open for; how do i know when the
system is pressurised?

Oh, and, see the bit titled "What should the pressure gauge be set to?"
in Ed's FAQ

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....af50413e4792e8

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 15:35:20 -0700, bob wrote:

Ok, i have managed to locate the tap (control screw) thanks to the
post below. How long do i leave it open for; how do i know when the
system is pressurised?

When the pressure gauge says so - usually 1 - 1.5 bar unless the boiler's
on the ground floor of a building 2 storeys high in which case maybe 1.5
- 2.

--
John Stumbles

A backstreet vasectomy left me sterile
Posted to uk.d-i-y
bob bob is offline

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk..../thread/be3e26...

--
Cheers,

John.

| * * * * *Internode Ltd - *http://www.internode.co.uk* * * * * *|
| * * * *John Rumm - john(at)internode(dot)co(dot)uk * * * * * * *|

Thanks again John. One last question, should the boiler be powered on
when i repressurise, will the pressure gauge work if its not?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

bob wrote:

Thanks again John. One last question, should the boiler be powered on
when i repressurise, will the pressure gauge work if its not?

The pressure gauge should work all the time. No harm in the power being
on, although you don't want it actually running while you re-pressurise.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
bob bob is offline

On 14 Jul, 00:42, John Rumm wrote:

bob wrote:

Thanks again John. *One last question, should the boiler be powered on
when i repressurise, will the pressure gauge work if its not?

The pressure gauge should work all the time. No harm in the power being
on, although you don't want it actually running while you re-pressurise.

--
Cheers,

John.

| * * * * *Internode Ltd - *http://www.internode.co.uk* * * * * *|
| * * * *John Rumm - john(at)internode(dot)co(dot)uk * * * * * * *|

Thanks John, all sorted :-)!