Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default What's the fitting called for a 12V halogen downlighter?

It has spring clips to hold it against the plasterboard, but I'm
darned if I can locate one on the web! What should I be searching for?
I've tried fitting, mount, spring clip etc.

Halogen downlighters are fitted in all the communal rooms of my house,
each one with a small transformer. Replacing the transformer on the
upper floor was a doddle, because I could go up into the loft and
replace it from there. But downstairs I have to somehow remove/release
the spring clips holding the fitting in order to pull the transformer
down through the ceiling hole. I thought, if I can find a picture of
the dratted fitting, it may become clear how to release those clips.

This is urgent! I now have the third light on the blink in the kitchen
and it's deffo the transformer. I have new transformers already (EPH,
Spalding), so all I need now is how to access the transformer.

MM