Posted to uk.d-i-y,sci.electronics.repair

Default Tracks to nowhere?

On 16/12/2012 10:16, tony sayer wrote:

If so then very unlikely thats a anything to do with SIM cards, it
prolly means something completely different;!.

It might be that the designer thought it looked nice, and it broke up a
bit of the board that had no copper tracks on...

We did some boards where the vias were no bigger than the tracks so a
track that apparently ended actually went through.
It doesn't look like that here though as the other vias are quite big.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,sci.electronics.repair

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message
En el artículo , Andy
Champ escribió:

I've seen delay lines on tracks - funny zigzag patterns - but these were
in logic analysers, and were designed to keep the tracks from all the
probes the same length.

Yes, I've seen similar things on PC motherboards, where it's important
to keep the tracks between the CPU/memory controller and the memory
slots the same length.

That isn't what the OP photo shows, though. I certainly agree with
those that think it's an antenna of some kind. Figuring out what "SIM1
and "SIM2" mean might be a clue.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)

If its a multilayer board, there might be unseen tracks or planes between
the top and bottom wiggly traces, connected to the other 3 contact points.

Gareth.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 20:28:30 +0000, Andy Champ
wrote:

On 14/12/2012 14:40, Steve Firth wrote:
To the west of Robin under Warren Fm is TREV.

I see Trev, but alas! Brave Sir Robin...

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l17/Number774/IoW.jpg

It's interesting, this implies they have been added gradually.

Andy

As the costal erosion tales its toll?
Perhaps it's a simple device used by the cartographer when the course
of the coastline isn't accurate.

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%

PINEWOOD DERBY TRACKS J T Woodworking 0 May 14th 07 03:54 AM
Curtain tracks D.M. Procida UK diy 10 February 28th 06 10:43 AM
How do I fix my eight tracks? Erich J. Schultheis, The Man with the 15 inch Cock Electronics Repair 4 December 29th 05 07:05 AM
WORKBENCH TOP WITH HOLD-DOWN TRACKS - PDF J T Woodworking 0 November 16th 04 12:37 AM
Snow throwers- tracks vs. wheels Retiredff Home Ownership 12 August 14th 03 01:09 PM