Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default (OT) Printer - Update

On 03/12/2012 11:47, David wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a reliable all-in-one printer, (hopefully) one that
does not 'read' cartridge serial numbers to enable the use of
compatibles ?

Thanks

David

'Support' have asked for all the numbers on the printhead, and in which
country it was made.
It seems that there could be more than one fault with this part, and a
new one might find itself winging its way to me soon.

Finger crossed, or maybe not. I quite fancy a laser printer now.

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default (OT) Printer

On 03/12/2012 13:13, John Rumm wrote:
A full set of
toners will set you back the cost of three sets of inkjet carts, but
they will print twenty times the pages.

A set (4 off) of cartridges for my ink jet cost me around £5 a set.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default (OT) Printer - Update Result !!

On 05/12/2012 18:20, David wrote:
On 03/12/2012 11:47, David wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a reliable all-in-one printer, (hopefully) one that
does not 'read' cartridge serial numbers to enable the use of
compatibles ?

Thanks

David

'Support' have asked for all the numbers on the printhead, and in which
country it was made.
It seems that there could be more than one fault with this part, and a
new one might find itself winging its way to me soon.

Finger crossed, or maybe not. I quite fancy a laser printer now.

David

WOW, Well done Lexmark.

They are sending a new printhead and cartridges.

So very very different to the other three companies I have asked
questions of this week.

David

HP Printer Dick Electronics Repair 4 March 13th 07 03:33 PM
Need printer/plotter [email protected] Metalworking 10 March 15th 06 06:09 AM
Parallel Printer Tap? Jeff Caspari Electronics 5 March 8th 06 03:32 PM
Epson printer with Ink dry! Anthony Electronics Repair 27 April 29th 04 07:01 AM
Printer Reestit Mutton UK diy 16 October 31st 03 10:06 AM