Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default HP Printer

does anyone know what part I need to replace to make this printer work ?
The Make: HP
The Model PSC 1610
Age : About two years

The Problem: Keeps taking paper in ,it goes in to far and reports a paper
jam.
If you push the OK button,it spits the paper out and takes in a new sheet of
paper.
It does this without being hooked up to the computer.

Thanks,
Dick

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Dick" wrote in message

does anyone know what part I need to replace to make this printer work ?
The Make: HP
The Model PSC 1610
Age : About two years

The Problem: Keeps taking paper in ,it goes in to far and reports a paper
jam.
If you push the OK button,it spits the paper out and takes in a new sheet
of paper.
It does this without being hooked up to the computer.

Tried running a cleaning sheet through it?

Also fixyourownprinter.com

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 00:01:27 GMT, Dick wrote:

does anyone know what part I need to replace to make this printer work ?
The Make: HP
The Model PSC 1610
Age : About two years

The Problem: Keeps taking paper in ,it goes in to far and reports a paper
jam.
If you push the OK button,it spits the paper out and takes in a new sheet of
paper.
It does this without being hooked up to the computer.

Look up the model number on the back and buy one of those. Unplug
all the cables and throw out the big box in the middle. Replace it with
the part you just purchased.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Lionel" wrote in message

BTW, HPs advice on cleaning the paper rollers is typically wimpy. Over
many years of fixing paper feed problems in inkjets, lasers, copiers &
faxes, I've found that rollers tend to harden on the surface, which
makes them shiny, & prone to slipping on the paper. The manufacturer
will always advise you to replace the roller, but it's rarely
neccessary. I've found that they can easily be reconditioned by
scrubbing the hardened/shiny area with a calico rag that's been
moistened with acetone (eg; nail polish remover or laquer thinner).
This gets the rubber nice & 'grippy' again, & will generally give you
another year or two out of the roller.

There is a rubber tire reconditioner used for record players (the cheap kind
with a rubber tire). Don't know what's in it though.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Homer J Simpson wrote:

There is a rubber tire reconditioner used for record players (the cheap kind
with a rubber tire). Don't know what's in it though.

The stuff I`ve had for donkey's years contains xylene - very nasty
stuff - works a treat tho.

Ron(UK)

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public Address Systems

New Printer Won't Print Ron Electronics Repair 13 January 19th 06 08:33 AM
Printer - no yellow! Set Square Electronics Repair 14 December 22nd 05 08:25 PM
Printer dilemma .. T i m UK diy 62 February 8th 05 02:38 PM
Printer Reestit Mutton UK diy 16 October 31st 03 10:06 AM