Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Need printer/plotter

I am using an old version of Vellum on my PC, and I need a printer or
plotter that can handle B-size drawings for making check prints. Larger
sizes or final prints I can have sent out.

Anyone have any suggestions that don't break the bank?

Bob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Too_Many_Tools

Might I suggest checking to see what your software/OS supports?

I really like the older HP pen plotters...they are cheap, do A/B sizes,
take anything you feed them, built like tanks and ink costs are
nil....everything that the newer printers don't.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ecnerwal

In article .com,
"Too_Many_Tools" wrote:

Might I suggest checking to see what your software/OS supports?

I really like the older HP pen plotters...they are cheap, do A/B sizes,
take anything you feed them, built like tanks and ink costs are
nil....everything that the newer printers don't.

TMT

And the flat ones will plot PC boards directly with pens, which is VERY
handy. Ink and etch, no photo process required.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Where do you live ? or can you buy brand new ?

Martin

Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member

I am using an old version of Vellum on my PC, and I need a printer or
plotter that can handle B-size drawings for making check prints. Larger
sizes or final prints I can have sent out.

Anyone have any suggestions that don't break the bank?

Bob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

I have a workhorse 4MV 11x17, 500 sheet letter, 200 sheet A size. And in the
shop I have a 5Si ex I believe the ex is the last two letters - it is a 11x17 & letter.
Both business grade - ink is expensive but last forever. I think of nothing if I need to
print 500 sheets of something or unique library cards for our books - 3700 and counting!

In the San Jose greater area there are stores - but E-bay and maybe overstock has them.

Martin

Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member

Ned Simmons wrote:
In article .com,
says...

I am using an old version of Vellum on my PC, and I need a printer or
plotter that can handle B-size drawings for making check prints. Larger
sizes or final prints I can have sent out.

Anyone have any suggestions that don't break the bank?

If you've got the space, the old HP 4MVs are tough to kill and pretty
reasonably priced. I bought a refurbed unit with low page count on ebay
several years ago and have been very happy with it. Toner cartridges and
parts are still readily available. Though you can live without it, an
11x17 tray and large capacity bottom feeder are worth having.

Also pay attention to the network card. They are easily swappable, but
there are a couple different models with varying features.

I do have a D-size plotter as well, but I don't even remember the last
time I turned it on.

Ned Simmons

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bugs

My 6 pen, 42" CalComp DesignMate would do the job. It will roll a sheet
up to 72" long. I bought it for its many advantages over inkjet
plotters.
Bugs