Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default OT Indian Postal Service

I received a postcard yesterday from India. Posted on the 25th October.

A pity my friend had only gone for three weeks as she phoned me last night
from home to tell me about her holiday:-)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nothing new there though how do you know its at the Indian end? I used to
find back in the 80s that letters from India were pretty fast, but any
goods I sent back got mysteriously lost. In the end a number of us who sent
stuff to India found the problem was often at ports and airports, and
letting an airline person post the goods actually in India solved most of
the problems.
I wonder if its still the same these days?

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"ARW" wrote in message
I received a postcard yesterday from India. Posted on the 25th October.

A pity my friend had only gone for three weeks as she phoned me last night
from home to tell me about her holiday:-)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARW
writes
I received a postcard yesterday from India. Posted on the 25th October.

A pity my friend had only gone for three weeks as she phoned me last night
from home to tell me about her holiday:-)

Think yourself lucky

when I posted 50 "xmas" cards from Kathmandu, about 10 of them actually
arrived home - that's about the number I stood and watched him frank

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

For all our grumbles about the UK postal system, it does mostly work, and has very little dishonesty/theft.

I was mildly shocked when I discovered the level of dishonesty/theft in both the Bermuda postal service and their customs inspections.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 26, 10:40*am, " wrote:
For all our grumbles about the UK postal system, it does mostly work, and has very little dishonesty/theft.

I was mildly shocked when I discovered the level of dishonesty/theft in both the Bermuda postal service and their customs inspections.

I sent a cheque for £400 to my bank that was intercepted and changed
to £1400 and paid into someone else's account. I don't know if that
was the PO or someone at my bank. It was marked payee only and you
would think the money laundering rules would make it hard to open an
account with my name elsewhere.

Jonathan

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
" writes
For all our grumbles about the UK postal system, it does mostly work,
and has very little dishonesty/theft.

You have never posted small packages to Brighton?

I was mildly shocked when I discovered the level of dishonesty/theft in
both the Bermuda postal service and their customs inspections.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 02:40:59 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

For all our grumbles about the UK postal system, it does mostly work, and has very little dishonesty/theft.

The rate of which rockets with the temporary staff at Xmas.
In some circles it's regarded as a golden opportunity to get in
for the nicking.