Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Potterton Suprima 50 HE Boiler problem

Hi,
I have a Potterton Suprima HE 50 boiler that was working fine until Saturday.

The boiler will fire up as normal for a few moments but then go on to lockdown.

According to the fault board indicator (the lockdown light is the only one alight and is flashing) that this is an air pressure signal fault.

Any ideas what the problem may be and what is needed to fix this?

Many thanks
Jaime
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks Tony.

Had suspected that.

Regards
Jaime

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , tony sayer
writes
In article ,
scribeth thus
Hi,
I have a Potterton Suprima HE 50 boiler that was working fine until Saturday.

The boiler will fire up as normal for a few moments but then go on to
lockdown.

According to the fault board indicator (the lockdown light is the only one
alight and is flashing) that this is an air pressure signal fault.

Any ideas what the problem may be and what is needed to fix this?

Many thanks
Jaime

Give Geoff Raden a bell..

http://www.cetltd.com/

Potterton Suprima;!..

Dead cert a replacement PCB required...

He emailed me today

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Tim Lamb
writes
In message ,
writes
Thanks Tony.

Had suspected that.

Don't know about the 50 HE but my Suprima cct. board failed after a
service visit.

Check the solder joints with a magnifying glass where the mains
connector is mounted. In my case, flow solder bath techniques did not
provide enough time/heat to make sound joints.

No Tim -

The HE is completely different

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/11/2012 22:22, geoff wrote:
[...]

I too have a Suprima question.

Apparently the "green" light sometimes comes on, boiler does not start
up, and only works again when the green light is pushed. Of course, it
behaved perfectly when I was there. (And it is a two-hour drive away.)
Is this a symptom of the PCB issues that others have been going on
about? Or have I got wrong end of stick?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/318411/Suprima%2060.jpg

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , polygonum
writes

I too have a Suprima question.

Pcb or module?

Apparently the "green" light sometimes comes on, boiler does not start
up, and only works again when the green light is pushed

You mean the reset button? Pushing the LED won't achieve an awful lot

. Of course, it behaved perfectly when I was there. (And it is a
two-hour drive away.) Is this a symptom of the PCB issues that others
have been going on about?

Probably, but not really possible to say anything for definite

As Ed Sirett (ex of this parish) once said, its the only boiler where he
changes the pcb then looks to see what else might be wrong

Or have I got wrong end of stick?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/318411/Suprima%2060.jpg

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/11/2012 22:44, geoff wrote:
In message , polygonum
writes

I too have a Suprima question.

Pcb or module?

Apparently the "green" light sometimes comes on, boiler does not start
up, and only works again when the green light is pushed

You mean the reset button? Pushing the LED won't achieve an awful lot

. Of course, it behaved perfectly when I was there. (And it is a
two-hour drive away.) Is this a symptom of the PCB issues that others
have been going on about?

Probably, but not really possible to say anything for definite

As Ed Sirett (ex of this parish) once said, its the only boiler where he
changes the pcb then looks to see what else might be wrong

Or have I got wrong end of stick?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/318411/Suprima%2060.jpg

Well she said she pressed the green light - but I suspect that it is the
reset button really. Her eyes are somewhat challenged.

I'll email.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
geoff writes:
In message , polygonum
writes

I too have a Suprima question.

Pcb or module?

Apparently the "green" light sometimes comes on, boiler does not start
up, and only works again when the green light is pushed

You mean the reset button? Pushing the LED won't achieve an awful lot

Flex the circuit board? ;-)
Which in a Suprima, might even work...

--
Andrew Gabriel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andrew Gabriel
writes
In article ,
geoff writes:
In message , polygonum
writes

I too have a Suprima question.

Pcb or module?

Apparently the "green" light sometimes comes on, boiler does not start
up, and only works again when the green light is pushed

You mean the reset button? Pushing the LED won't achieve an awful lot

Flex the circuit board? ;-)
Which in a Suprima, might even work...

Shredder's more the mark

Flexing a suprima pcb ?

how many pads do you think you can break away from the tracks in one go
?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , geoff
writes
In message , Tim Lamb
writes
In message ,
writes
Thanks Tony.

Had suspected that.

Don't know about the 50 HE but my Suprima cct. board failed after a
service visit.

Check the solder joints with a magnifying glass where the mains
connector is mounted. In my case, flow solder bath techniques did not
provide enough time/heat to make sound joints.

No Tim -

The HE is completely different

You mean it is worse?:-)

--