Member

Default Add-on turbo brushes

Can anyone tell me of their experiences with an add-on turbo brush fitted to a cylinder vacuum cleaner? Are they worth buying?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/11/2012 04:23, pebe wrote:
Can anyone tell me of their experiences with an add-on turbo brush
fitted to a cylinder vacuum cleaner? Are they worth buying?

Miele?

Helps a lot on carpet. Also have the narrow one which is pretty good for
the stairs.

Trouble is, the big one (especially) tends to get clagged up with
hair,threads, etc.and is a bit of a pain to clean out properly. Needs
some, scissors, etc. And very much best done outside.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 11 Nov 2012 04:23:01 +0000, pebe wrote:

Can anyone tell me of their experiences with an add-on turbo brush
fitted to a cylinder vacuum cleaner? Are they worth buying?

Following a discussion on here recently, I bought a turbo brush for the
Henry.

It is excellent; wish I'd bought it sooner. It's made a dramatic
difference, although, yes, it needs cleaning out at times.

My son (also called Henry), who does a lot of the vacuuming, thinks it's
wonderful.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/11/2012 04:23, pebe wrote:
Can anyone tell me of their experiences with an add-on turbo brush
fitted to a cylinder vacuum cleaner? Are they worth buying?

I have turbo brush supplied with with my Henry cleaner. It uses the
airflow to drive the brushes. It works extremely well and beats that
carpet as it cleans. It does have one downside in that the turbine that
drives the brushes is large and restricts the size of objects that the
pipe can suck up. Suck up a screwed up sweet paper, the off cut from a
cable tie, the stalk from a bunch of grapes and these will all jam in
the turbine. Usually I can free it by tuning the brushes by hand in the
opposite direction to normal but sometime it requires the brush assembly
to be dismantled. The trick is to go quickly around sucking up these
types of objects with the brush assembly removed and then vacuum the
carpet/floor.

I did once buy a similar rotating brush assembly cheaply on Ebay - what
a load of steaming horse poo! The brushes did spin a a fantastic rate
under no load but didn't extend to the floor to beat it - they sat 5 mm
up from the bottom of the attachment. Apply any load to the brush
assembly and it immediately stopped turning.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/11/2012 04:23, pebe wrote:
Can anyone tell me of their experiences with an add-on turbo brush
fitted to a cylinder vacuum cleaner? Are they worth buying?

Yes.

Next!

--
David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/11/2012 04:23, pebe wrote:

Can anyone tell me of their experiences with an add-on turbo brush
fitted to a cylinder vacuum cleaner? Are they worth buying?

I bought a small one for getting dog hair out of the stair carpet some
years back. Worked very well. Not used it recently (dog pegged it a few
years back!)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 11, 4:23*am, pebe wrote:
Can anyone tell me of their experiences with an *add-on turbo brush
fitted to a cylinder vacuum cleaner? Are they worth buying?

--
pebe

They were popular a few years back.
Allegedly give the suction cleaner the benefits of an upright cleaner.
Ie picks up hairs, fluff and thread better.
It used to be called a "power head".
The problem is the motor is heavy on the end of the work tool.
Some work on the suction & have no separate motor for lightness but
don't work as well.
Back then they were quite unreliable. Maybe things have improved.
You may as well buy an upright cleaners, they will always outperform a
cylinder cleaner but you have to buy belts and brushes.
And they cause more wear on the carpet.
Ideal to have both.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 11 November 2012 04:23:01 UTC, pebe wrote:
Can anyone tell me of their experiences with an add-on turbo brush
fitted to a cylinder vacuum cleaner? Are they worth buying?

Henry's Air-o-brush is excellent on pet hair and well worth getting. Probably even worth it if you have bald pets.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 11, 4:23*am, pebe wrote:
Can anyone tell me of their experiences with an *add-on turbo brush
fitted to a cylinder vacuum cleaner? Are they worth buying?

Definitely. We had a small one, from a cheap hand held "pet patrol"
vac, that we used on a full sized cyclinder. It screamed a bit at
being over-revved but it got the cat hairs up no problem!

MBQ

Turbo Incabulator Larry Jaques[_2_] Metalworking 0 April 10th 10 05:24 AM
NewTeam Turbo 2 DIY-Disaster UK diy 3 July 26th 05 01:13 AM
design cad, turbo cad John Moorhead Woodworking 13 May 29th 05 02:08 AM
Turbo Cad Designer 2D/3D Paul O. Woodworking 17 April 13th 05 02:53 AM
Turbo bandsaw! Jane & David Woodworking 3 December 14th 04 07:23 AM