Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Turbo Incabulator

On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 15:00:22 +0000 (UTC), the infamous James Waldby
scrawled the following:

On Fri, 09 Apr 2010 13:09:54 +0000, Doug White wrote:
Doug White wrote ...

Both videos are based on "The Turbo Encabulator in Industry", which was
written a very long time ago (I have a copy in a book entitled "Random
Walks in Science", which I highly recommend). I'd guess it's 1960's
vintage. I can look it up if folks are curious.

Back around 1990, I was working on a laser communications system to fly
on NASA's Advanced Communications Technology Satellite (ACTS). We had
some blueprints of the satellite structure so we could figure out the
mounting interface. Buried in the middle of a large complex drawing
was a little note with an arrow pointing to some piece of the
structure. It said "Nofor Trunnion", and I knew immediately that the
draftsman was a Turbo Encabulator fan.

It's older than I thought. I found this on-line: "The turbo-encabulator
in industry" is the contribution of J.H. Quick, graduate member of the
Institution of Electrical Engineers in London, England, and was first
published in the Institution's Students' Quarterly Journal vol 15 no. 58
p. 22 in December 1944."

On a metalworking note, the 1962 GE turboencabulator version has tremie-
pipes made of Crapaloy (tungsten cowhide). See note under "Case" in
second picture at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turboencabulator.

I want antigravic marzelvanes on my next car! They're sure to reduce
sinusoidal depleneration during air maneuvers.

--
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace
will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will

vaillant turbo max vuw 242 bbuk UK diy 3 April 29th 06 09:16 PM
NewTeam Turbo 2 DIY-Disaster UK diy 3 July 26th 05 01:13 AM
design cad, turbo cad John Moorhead Woodworking 13 May 29th 05 02:08 AM
Turbo Cad Designer 2D/3D Paul O. Woodworking 17 April 13th 05 02:53 AM
Turbo bandsaw! Jane & David Woodworking 3 December 14th 04 07:23 AM