Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default an extraordinary bit of bodging with wires and rubber flip flops

http://qph.cf.quoracdn.net/main-qimg...1a2b328243b7a2

Can't work out if it's really dangerous or just a bit stupid.

Tim w
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 24, 1:05*pm, Tim W wrote:
http://qph.cf.quoracdn.net/main-qimg...1a2b328243b7a2

Can't work out if it's really dangerous or just a bit stupid.

Tim w

More he http://www.linuxno.de/gallery_nwl7.php

Philip
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 24/10/2012 13:09, wrote:
On Oct 24, 1:05 pm, Tim W wrote:
http://qph.cf.quoracdn.net/main-qimg...1a2b328243b7a2

Can't work out if it's really dangerous or just a bit stupid.

Tim w

More he http://www.linuxno.de/gallery_nwl7.php

It's completely safe as long as it's not connected to the mains
electricity. Is there a power point anywhere near them?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Oct 24, 1:05 pm, Tim W wrote:
http://qph.cf.quoracdn.net/main-qimg...1a2b328243b7a2

Can't work out if it's really dangerous or just a bit stupid.

Tim w

More he http://www.linuxno.de/gallery_nwl7.php

Inserts tongue firmly in cheek As it's on a German website, of course
it's safe. The Germans wouldn't show anything dangerous without strong
warnings not to do it, surely?

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Oct 24, 1:05 pm, Tim W wrote:
http://qph.cf.quoracdn.net/main-qimg...1a2b328243b7a2

Can't work out if it's really dangerous or just a bit stupid.

Tim w

More he http://www.linuxno.de/gallery_nwl7.php

Philip

It's either photoshopped or ****ign stupid.

Those in the pool with be OK. It's at the point you setp out of the pool
onto concrete with one foot in one foot out you have problems.

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Its always dangerous to post huge links when all you really need is
http://tinyurl.com/bodge-up
However as its a graphic, I have no idea on your question.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Tim W" wrote in message
http://qph.cf.quoracdn.net/main-qimg...1a2b328243b7a2

Can't work out if it's really dangerous or just a bit stupid.

Tim w

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, October 24, 2012 1:05:00 PM UTC+1, Tim W wrote:

http://qph.cf.quoracdn.net/main-qimg...1a2b328243b7a2

Can't work out if it's really dangerous or just a bit stupid.

Tim w

Beyond stupid, its suicidal. Pool users will be fine if they stay well away from it, but approach it closely and the power flow levels will reach lethal.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Wednesday, October 24, 2012 1:05:00 PM UTC+1, Tim W wrote:

http://qph.cf.quoracdn.net/main-qimg...1a2b328243b7a2

Can't work out if it's really dangerous or just a bit stupid.

Tim w

Beyond stupid, its suicidal. Pool users will be fine if they stay well
away from it, but approach it closely and the power flow levels will reach lethal.

NT

You're assuming it's not a "set up" photograph. It's so mind boggling
stupid it can't be for real.

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:11:54 PM UTC+1, Tim+ wrote:
wrote:
On Wednesday, October 24, 2012 1:05:00 PM UTC+1, Tim W wrote:

http://qph.cf.quoracdn.net/main-qimg...1a2b328243b7a2
Can't work out if it's really dangerous or just a bit stupid.
Tim w

Beyond stupid, its suicidal. Pool users will be fine if they stay well
away from it, but approach it closely and the power flow levels will reach lethal.

You're assuming it's not a "set up" photograph.

Am I?

It's so mind boggling
stupid it can't be for real.

Ha

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Tim Watts
writes

Those in the pool with be OK. It's at the point you setp out of the pool
onto concrete with one foot in one foot out you have problems.

Not so, assuming it were a live extension, both live, neutral and
potentially earth would be present at the floating extension. It would
only take a small proportion of any leakage current being diverted to
through the body (alternate parallel path) to risk electrocution, so
those in the pool would be at risk too.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

You're assuming it's not a "set up" photograph. It's so mind boggling
stupid it can't be for real.

As I said, there's no evidence that it's plugged in.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/10/2012 14:43, Brian Gaff wrote:
Its always dangerous to post huge links when all you really need is
http://tinyurl.com/bodge-up
However as its a graphic, I have no idea on your question.

That's alright Brian. Don't really know what you are on about either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 24, 1:05*pm, Tim W wrote:
http://qph.cf.quoracdn.net/main-qimg...1a2b328243b7a2

Can't work out if it's really dangerous or just a bit stupid.

Tim w

Can't even work out what it's supposed to be doing.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:
On Oct 24, 1:05 pm, Tim W wrote:
http://qph.cf.quoracdn.net/main-qimg...1a2b328243b7a2

Can't work out if it's really dangerous or just a bit stupid.

Tim w

Can't even work out what it's supposed to be doing.

Making gullible folk go "Oh my God!"?

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/10/2012 16:58, Tim+ wrote:
harry wrote:
On Oct 24, 1:05 pm, Tim W wrote:
http://qph.cf.quoracdn.net/main-qimg...1a2b328243b7a2

Can't work out if it's really dangerous or just a bit stupid.

Tim w

Can't even work out what it's supposed to be doing.

Making gullible folk go "Oh my God!"?

Tim

Could be. But aren't they making toasties on a Breville in the pool?

Tim w

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim W wrote:
On 24/10/2012 16:58, Tim+ wrote:
harry wrote:
On Oct 24, 1:05 pm, Tim W wrote:
http://qph.cf.quoracdn.net/main-qimg...1a2b328243b7a2

Can't work out if it's really dangerous or just a bit stupid.

Tim w

Can't even work out what it's supposed to be doing.

Making gullible folk go "Oh my God!"?

Tim

Could be. But aren't they making toasties on a Breville in the pool?

Tim w

Perhaps I should have said "Making gullible folk go " But aren't they
making toasties on a Breville in the pool?"". ;-)

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 24, 2:43*pm, "Brian Gaff" wrote:

However as its a graphic, I have no idea on your question.

Its a multi socket connected to a phone and running out of the pool
off camera.

The multipoint is floating on water by means of a pair of flip flops.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim+ wrote:

You're assuming it's not a "set up" photograph. It's so mind boggling
stupid it can't be for real.

Tim

Never underestimate the stupidity of the human race. Those men look like
Germans to me. Their grandads voted Hitler in.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/10/2012 19:41, Bill Wright wrote:
Tim+ wrote:

You're assuming it's not a "set up" photograph. It's so mind boggling
stupid it can't be for real.

Tim

Never underestimate the stupidity of the human race. Those men look like
Germans to me. Their grandads voted Hitler in.

Bill

I think you'll find it was Großmütter sowie. :-)

--
Rod

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 11:21:39 -0700 (PDT), Weatherlawyer wrote:

However as its a graphic, I have no idea on your question.

Its a multi socket connected to a phone and running out of the pool
off camera.

What phone?

Large inflateable paddling pool, maybe 12' diameter and with 18" of water
and at least one person in it. Round table in center with a few drinks
bottles and some form of mains electrical cooking appliance on it. Looks
like a grill of some sort but not a toasted sandwhich maker. Mains power
lead from appliance is connected into:

The multipoint is floating on water by means of a pair of flip flops.

The multipoint is connected into a red extension cable that has a wooden
wedge gaffer taped to it resting on the side of the pool.

I wonder if they tried it with the appliance plugged into the extension
but the wedge didn't give enough bouyancy? It would float wedge up anyway
thus the plug/socket would be under water. The mains connectors look to
be european Schuko type but it's hard to tell.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, October 24, 2012 4:08:57 PM UTC+1, Tim W wrote:
On 24/10/2012 14:43, Brian Gaff wrote:

Its always dangerous to post huge links when all you really need is
http://tinyurl.com/bodge-up
However as its a graphic, I have no idea on your question.

That's alright Brian. Don't really know what you are on about either.

Brian had two points:
1. Short URLs are better than long URLs (not sure I agree with this).
2. He can't see the picture because he's blind. (admittedly, he skipped the "because" bit).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, October 24, 2012 4:02:54 PM UTC+1, GB wrote:

You're assuming it's not a "set up" photograph. It's so mind boggling
stupid it can't be for real.

As I said, there's no evidence that it's plugged in.

Its more likely to be plugged in than not.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Wednesday, October 24, 2012 4:02:54 PM UTC+1, GB wrote:

You're assuming it's not a "set up" photograph. It's so mind boggling
stupid it can't be for real.

As I said, there's no evidence that it's plugged in.

Its more likely to be plugged in than not.

Why? Would you plug it in if you were in that pool? It's a set up for
feck's sake!

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, October 25, 2012 5:48:54 PM UTC+1, Tim+ wrote:
wrote:
On Wednesday, October 24, 2012 4:02:54 PM UTC+1, GB wrote:

You're assuming it's not a "set up" photograph. It's so mind boggling
stupid it can't be for real.

As I said, there's no evidence that it's plugged in.

Its more likely to be plugged in than not.

Why? Would you plug it in if you were in that pool? It's a set up for
feck's sake!
Tim

Obviously we don't know which it is. We never will.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Wednesday, October 24, 2012 4:02:54 PM UTC+1, GB wrote:

You're assuming it's not a "set up" photograph. It's so mind boggling
stupid it can't be for real.

As I said, there's no evidence that it's plugged in.

Its more likely to be plugged in than not.

Why? Would you plug it in if you were in that pool? It's a set up for
feck's sake!
Tim

Obviously we don't know which it is. We never will.

I'm over 99% happy it's a set up.

Another shot from the same series.

http://www.linuxno.de/gallery_nwl7.php_picId:num,123

Still think they're playing with live wires?

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Wednesday, October 24, 2012 4:02:54 PM UTC+1, GB wrote:

You're assuming it's not a "set up" photograph. It's so mind boggling
stupid it can't be for real.

As I said, there's no evidence that it's plugged in.

Its more likely to be plugged in than not.

Why? Would you plug it in if you were in that pool? It's a set up for
feck's sake!
Tim

Obviously we don't know which it is. We never will.

I'm over 99% happy it's a set up.

Another shot from the same series.

http://www.linuxno.de/gallery_nwl7.php_picId:num,123

Still think they're playing with live wires?

Tim

What was that week's special offer?

http://www.linuxno.de/gallery_nwl7.php_picId:num,55

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 19:46:29 +0100, Tim+ wrote:

Why? Would you plug it in if you were in that pool? It's a set up
for feck's sake!

Obviously we don't know which it is. We never will.

I'm over 99% happy it's a set up.

Another shot from the same series.

Still think they're playing with live wires?

I wouldn't be at all surprised.

http://www.linuxno.de/gallery_nwl7.php_picId:num,5
http://www.linuxno.de/gallery_nwl7.php_picId:num,6
http://www.linuxno.de/gallery_nwl7.php_picId:num,16
http://www.linuxno.de/gallery_nwl7.php_picId:num,46
http://www.linuxno.de/gallery_nwl7.php_picId:num,49
http://www.linuxno.de/gallery_nwl7.php_picId:num,89
http://www.linuxno.de/gallery_nwl7.php_picId:num,175
http://www.linuxno.de/gallery_nwl7.php_picId:num,210
http://www.linuxno.de/gallery_nwl7.php_picId:num,214
http://www.linuxno.de/gallery_nwl7.php_picId:num,233
http://www.linuxno.de/gallery_nwl7.php_picId:num,273
http://www.linuxno.de/gallery_nwl7.php_picId:num,290

Looks to me like some rather merry lads and "wouldn't it be a good idea
if...". We see bread on the grill but admitedly no actual toast. It seems
an awful lot of work for just a "set up". The whole series of photos is
what some one has almost randomly shot at some online gaming/computer
geek event to me.

331 thumbnails at:

http://www.linuxno.de/gallery_nwl7.php

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Liquorice" wrote:
[...]

Not really. An awful lot of arsing around in general but setting up the
grill to fake up a "dangerous" scene to freak out gullible friends with
would only have taken a few minutes.

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 25, 2:04*pm, Martin Bonner wrote:

Brian had two points:
1. *Short URLs are better than long URLs (not sure I agree with this).

If you are blind and have software to read the screen to you, it would
make a lot of difference.

Jonathan

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, October 26, 2012 11:14:40 AM UTC+1, Jonathan wrote:
On Oct 25, 2:04*pm, Martin Bonner wrote:

Brian had two points:
1. *Short URLs are better than long URLs (not sure I agree with this)..

If you are blind and have software to read the screen to you, it would
make a lot of difference.

Well, yes. Brevity is preferable to verbosity. And I can see a long
complex URL will be tedious for the user of a screen reader. On the
other hand, I certainly prefer to see where the URL is actually going
rather than a tinurl version.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 26 Oct 2012 03:14:40 -0700, Jonathan wrote:

On Oct 25, 2:04Â*pm, Martin Bonner wrote:

Brian had two points:
1. Â*Short URLs are better than long URLs (not sure I agree with this).

If you are blind and have software to read the screen to you, it would
make a lot of difference.

Plus, short URLs fit on the screen rather than overflowing the monitor
and pushing stuff off your desk.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2012 14:56, Martin Bonner wrote:
On Friday, October 26, 2012 11:14:40 AM UTC+1, Jonathan wrote:
On Oct 25, 2:04 pm, Martin Bonner wrote:

Brian had two points:
1. Short URLs are better than long URLs (not sure I agree with this).

If you are blind and have software to read the screen to you, it would
make a lot of difference.

Well, yes. Brevity is preferable to verbosity. And I can see a long
complex URL will be tedious for the user of a screen reader. On the
other hand, I certainly prefer to see where the URL is actually going
rather than a tinurl version.

I have come across instances where the short URL alternative has long
since gone with the original page still there.

So I would value the long URL more than a temporary short one. It also
depends on the newsreader as to whether the long URL gets munged or split!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 19:55:02 +0100, polygonum
wrote:

What was that week's special offer?

http://www.linuxno.de/gallery_nwl7.php_picId:num,55

Dunno, but it looks like he's eaten the entire store.