Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Bonner Martin Bonner is offline

Default an extraordinary bit of bodging with wires and rubber flip flops

On Friday, October 26, 2012 11:14:40 AM UTC+1, Jonathan wrote:
On Oct 25, 2:04*pm, Martin Bonner wrote:

Brian had two points:
1. *Short URLs are better than long URLs (not sure I agree with this)..

If you are blind and have software to read the screen to you, it would
make a lot of difference.

Well, yes. Brevity is preferable to verbosity. And I can see a long
complex URL will be tedious for the user of a screen reader. On the
other hand, I certainly prefer to see where the URL is actually going
rather than a tinurl version.