Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default pipe insulation

Hi,

I was wondering what the group thought about the economy pipe lagging
versus byelaw version?

I notice that Tool station say the economy lagging cuts up to 70% of
heat loss, whilst the byelaw description says it cuts over 75%.

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Cons.../sd2738/p57097
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Cons.../sd2738/p15527

At first I wondered whether it is worth the extra expense to save 5%
heat loss?

But now I read the descriptions again, I notice it says up to 70%,
implying that under ideal conditions the economy version will reduce
heat loss by 70% but in other conditions it might be less; in other
words, 70% is the maximum performance of the product. Whereas the
byelaw description says over 75%, implying the 75% is a minimum figure
and in ideal conditions the savings could be greater. If this
interpretation is correct, it could be that the difference between the
two products is more than 5% and worth paying more for.

What does the group think?

TIA

Where can I get some pipe insulation wrap from ?? [email protected] UK diy 2 June 6th 11 10:14 AM
Pipe insulation... Existential Angst Metalworking 11 August 10th 10 03:25 AM
Pipe insulation Bald eagle UK diy 2 May 1st 10 12:41 PM
Fun With Pipe Insulation DerbyDad03 Home Repair 2 April 11th 08 10:32 PM
Which pipe insulation Mr Fizzion UK diy 4 September 12th 05 10:03 AM