Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default RCD Keeps tripping on new installation

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
news
Doctor Drivel wrote:

Tim Watts wrote:
Doctor Drivel wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message

If you have sockets for general purpose use, then you need an RCD

Where does it state that?

In the 17th - look it up.

It doesn't.

411.3.3 you Norfolk bred webfooted lummox.

"In a.c. systems, additiona protection by means of an RCD in accordance
with
Regulation 415.1 shall be provided for:

(i) socket-outlets with a rated current not exceeding 20A that are for use
by ordinary persons and are intended for general use..."

415.1: 30mA and 40mS at 5In

Have you even read the regs? Or are you too busy rummaging in the bushes
with a copy of Boilers Monthly and Prius's Stripped?

If you have electricity used in a room with a bath or shower, then
you need an RCD

Not if above 2550mm from floor and out of the "zones"

Depends if you have supplimentary bonding. Lack of supplimentary
bonding requires all circuits in the wet room be RCD protected.

Yep.

If you have sockets that could reasonably be expected to be used to
power an appliance used outside, then you need a RCD.

If nothing outside, then no RCD.

Completely wrong since the 17th.

Show me where it states an RCD is mandatory?

To be more specific. An RCD is not mandatory on THE WHOLE SYSTEM. Many
belie it is with duel RCD CUs becoming the norm. That was clear what I was
on about. RCD is only manatory on sockets for general use of portable
appliances. A dedicated line to a socket behind an oven will not need an
RCD.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Doctor Drivel" wrote:
Steve Firth wrote:

This man is clearly mad.

I didn't but I wish that I had written it. There's enough material on you
to fill a textbook on abnormal psychology.

--
€˘DarWin|
_/ _/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:

To be more specific. An RCD is not mandatory on THE WHOLE SYSTEM. Many
belie it is with duel RCD CUs becoming the norm. That was clear what I
was on about. RCD is only manatory on sockets for general use of portable
appliances. A dedicated line to a socket behind an oven will not need an
RCD.

It virtually is (either whole system or all RCBOs) - unless one of the
circuits has its cabling done in such a way[1] as to avoid the 50mm rule.

[1] eg run in MICC, SWA, XLShield (etc, providing certain conditions are
met) or surface run. I can think of few installations that a cable could be
buried 50mm without major problems.

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

"It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent
moral busybodies."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/10/2012 12:16, Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
news
Doctor Drivel wrote:

Tim Watts wrote:
Doctor Drivel wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message

[...]

You mean less specific?

belie it is with duel RCD CUs becoming the norm. That was clear what I
was on about.

We rarely have any idea what you are on about. This case was no exception.

RCD is only manatory on sockets for general use of
portable appliances.

No you are mistaken.

An RCD will also be required in a number of other circumstances as well.
The most common being a cable buried in the fabric of the building at a
depth of less than 50mm and without the benefit of an earthed metallic
shield.

A dedicated line to a socket behind an oven will
not need an RCD.

It probably will unless it has specifically been cabled in such a way as
to circumvent the requirements for an RCD for protection of its supply
cable.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/10/2012 00:12, Doctor Drivel wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

You have to admit that he scrubs up ok though:
http://www.internode.co.uk/temp/dr-yuppy.jpg

This man is from Essex.

Its a great place, but we have closed the special hospital in Runwell we
used to have for folks like you.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...

We rarely have any idea what you are on about. This case was no exception.

That is because you are from Essex.

snip silly drivel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:
Steve Firth wrote:

This man is clearly mad.

I didn't

Purely barking mad!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

o.uk...
John Rumm wrote:

You have to admit that he scrubs up ok though:
http://www.internode.co.uk/temp/dr-yuppy.jpg

This man is from Essex.

Its a great place,

It is? Wow! Is this Essex in England you are on about?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/10/2012 22:54, Doctor Drivel wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...

We rarely have any idea what you are on about. This case was no
exception.

That is because you are from Essex.

LoL, dribble even that makes no sense.

How can my being from Essex cause others inability to understand what
you are prattling about?

I suspect it is more the fact that you are from a different planet.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
On 16/10/2012 22:54, Doctor Drivel wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...

We rarely have any idea what you are on about. This case was no
exception.

That is because you are from Essex.

LoL, dribble even that makes no sense.

You are an Essex Chav. This man is in denial.

RCD tripping. ARWadsworth UK diy 4 January 11th 11 10:33 PM
rcd tripping Fred UK diy 10 November 25th 10 08:13 PM
rcd tripping Fred UK diy 1 November 6th 10 10:38 AM
RCD Tripping Andy S UK diy 3 July 11th 06 11:21 PM
RCD tripping - really odd! Dan delaMare-Lyon UK diy 25 March 31st 06 05:52 PM