Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default google groups

Anyone know how to change back from the so called New version?
I deleted all my history and stuff now I am stuck with this empty cod piece.

All I can say is it smells of cock.
Even the complaints box stinks of google code sorting.

Yes I know I aught to pay for a decent service but why should I pay to teach people?

(Stuff like this would cost 30 quid on Jstor and not supply any useful service to man or beast:
http://my.opera.com/Weatherlawyer/bl...omment96607062. Would you pay to tell a bunch of know nothing that will do nothing with what you tell them?)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Weatherlawyer" wrote in message
Anyone know how to change back from the so called New version?
I deleted all my history and stuff now I am stuck with this empty cod
piece.

All I can say is it smells of cock.
Even the complaints box stinks of google code sorting.

Yes I know I aught to pay for a decent service but why should I pay to
teach people?

(Stuff like this would cost 30 quid on Jstor and not supply any useful
service to man or beast:
http://my.opera.com/Weatherlawyer/bl...omment96607062.
Would you pay to tell a bunch of know nothing that will do nothing with
what you tell them?)

You teach people but you can't spell (or type) ought?
Christ on a bike.
Geoff?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, September 17, 2012 1:03:44 AM UTC+1, Weatherlawyer wrote:
Anyone know how to change back from the so called New version?

afaik you can't now.

I deleted all my history and stuff now I am stuck with this empty cod piece.

All I can say is it smells of cock.

its a pretty dumb piece of design

Even the complaints box stinks of google code sorting.

Yes I know I aught to pay for a decent service but why should I pay to teach people?

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Weatherlawyer wrote:

Anyone know how to change back from the so called New version?

try http://groups.google.com/?hl=en-GB&noredirect=true

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17 Sep, 06:50, Andy Burns wrote:
Weatherlawyer wrote:
Anyone know how to change back from the so called New version?

try http://groups.google.com/?hl=en-GB&noredirect=true

This is the one.
a. How did you find it?
b. How do I keep it?
c. Is Google learning to paint by numbers?

On 17 Sep, 01:44, wrote:
On Monday, September 17, 2012 1:03:44 AM UTC+1, Weatherlawyer wrote:

I deleted all my history and stuff now I am stuck with this empty cod piece.
All I can say is it smells of cock.

its a pretty dumb piece of design

Even the complaints box stinks of google code sorting.

I think that the mindset of Google's owners is learning from their own
computer designs. They have got software in the head.

Another classic is the shaped adverts. I don't think I have ever been
sop annoyed by adverts since Flash was invented to annoy Windows
users.

When they invented their version of Google Groups a few years back I
wondered at the puerile attempt to confuse us with the Usenet site
they bought out a long time before that.

But now they seem intent on foisting it back on to the rest of us who
have stuck with their machine.

Anyone got a list of alternative online "readers"?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://my.opera.com/Weatherlawyer/bl...-apophenia?cid....
Would you pay to tell a bunch of know nothing that will do nothing with
what you tell them?)

You teach people but you can't spell (or type) ought?

Wow.
Fancy rushing to be first at that time of night and ending up looking
sillier than me.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Weatherlawyer wrote:

Anyone got a list of alternative online "readers"?

Why not use a proper usenet client and server?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Weatherlawyer wrote:
Anyone know how to change back from the so called New version?

try http://groups.google.com/?hl=en-GB&noredirect=true

This is the one.
a. How did you find it?
b. How do I keep it?

When you find yourself on the new Google groups and you're logged in,
you can revert to the old-style groups by going to the tools pulldown
menu (the thing near the top right with the cog icon) and choosing
"revert to old Google groups". This will get you back there at least
until you delete cookies again.

HTH. The new version seems to have been designed by half-wits.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Weatherlawyer wrote:
Anyone know how to change back from the so called New version?

try http://groups.google.com/?hl=en-GB&noredirect=true

This is the one.
a. How did you find it?
b. How do I keep it?

When you find yourself on the new Google groups and you're logged in,
you can revert to the old-style groups by going to the tools pulldown
menu (the thing near the top right with the cog icon) and choosing
"revert to old Google groups". *This will get you back there at least
until you delete cookies again.

HTH. *The new version seems to have been designed by half-wits.

I tried that but the half wits were more than capable of dealing with
me.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chuckle, why not just ignore googles usenet fiasco and use a reader, I mean
even Microsofts readers are better than Googles overblown mess.

Brian

From the sofa of Brian Gaff -

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Weatherlawyer" wrote in message
Anyone know how to change back from the so called New version?
I deleted all my history and stuff now I am stuck with this empty cod
piece.

All I can say is it smells of cock.
Even the complaints box stinks of google code sorting.

Yes I know I aught to pay for a decent service but why should I pay to
teach people?

(Stuff like this would cost 30 quid on Jstor and not supply any useful
service to man or beast:
http://my.opera.com/Weatherlawyer/bl...omment96607062.
Would you pay to tell a bunch of know nothing that will do nothing with
what you tell them?)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 16 Sep 2012 17:03:44 -0700 (PDT), Weatherlawyer wrote:

Yes I know I aught to pay for a decent service but why should I pay to
teach people?

Plenty of free usenet clients and servers out there. Only cost is a
little bit of your time in setting up and finding a client you can get on
with. http://www.eternal-september.org is a free server and has a good
reputation.

I and many others use http://news.individual.net that costs a whopping
EUR10/year (about seven squid) but is very reliable, fast, actively and
very effectively filters the spam. I probably see more spam by people
quoting it than I do directly.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GMM GMM is offline

Weatherlawyer wrote:

Anyone know how to change back from the so called New version?

try http://groups.google.com/?hl=en-GB&noredirect=true

This is the one.

a. How did you find it?

b. How do I keep it?

When you find yourself on the new Google groups and you're logged in,

you can revert to the old-style groups by going to the tools pulldown

menu (the thing near the top right with the cog icon) and choosing

"revert to old Google groups". This will get you back there at least

until you delete cookies again.

HTH. The new version seems to have been designed by half-wits.

I'm not sure they had that much wit.....half sounds like a compliment.
Hmm...I wish I could find that on my settings menu - it doesn't seem to be there - only 'set new google groups as default'.

Oddly, if I look on my desktop at work, it shows the old version.

I thought I had set up an account for this on Thunderbird to get away from the new improved Google,
but after one post it wouldn't play any more. All round a bit of a pain going from a simple system to
something that takes a lot of input just to work moderately.
Ah well...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 17, 1:44*am, wrote:
On Monday, September 17, 2012 1:03:44 AM UTC+1, Weatherlawyer wrote:
Anyone know how to change back from the so called New version?

afaik you can't now.

Yes you can. I'm still using the old one.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message om, brass
monkey writes

"Weatherlawyer" wrote in message
Anyone know how to change back from the so called New version?
I deleted all my history and stuff now I am stuck with this empty cod
piece.

All I can say is it smells of cock.
Even the complaints box stinks of google code sorting.

Yes I know I aught to pay for a decent service but why should I pay to
teach people?

(Stuff like this would cost 30 quid on Jstor and not supply any useful
service to man or beast:

http://my.opera.com/Weatherlawyer/bl...pophenia?cid=9
6607062#comment96607062.
Would you pay to tell a bunch of know nothing that will do nothing with
what you tell them?)

You teach people but you can't spell (or type) ought?
Christ on a bike.
Geoff?

Wassaproblem?

....And I don't ride a bike (well, not the ones with pedals)

--
geoff

Google groups down since Aug 1 Rex Metalworking 17 August 11th 11 09:17 AM
Google groups Frank Home Repair 28 August 11th 11 06:08 AM
OT Why Google Groups ? Snag[_3_] Metalworking 5 August 10th 11 01:38 AM
wtf with google groups? John Stumbles UK diy 9 November 29th 09 08:16 PM
wtf with google groups? Andrew Gabriel UK diy 0 November 28th 09 01:10 AM