Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Apprentices smoking in vans

On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 18:22:53 +0100, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

En el artÃ*culo , stuart noble
escribió:

Nevertheless it's yet another PR disaster. According to friends who do a
bit of European commuting, Easyjet have a far superior reputation

I've flown both extensively and not had a problem. Yes, Easyjet has a
better reputation, but if you (generic you) don't like Ryanair's ****-
you attitude, you're free to use another airline. The problem is people
who expect above-average customer service while paying bottom-budget
prices.

They don't all expect above average service. Just average-ish. But uit
seems you take pride in getting poor service!

The idiot woman in the Telegraph article lives in a highly affluent town
in southern England. She's probably loaded and yet chose to use a
budget airline and bitched about it when it backfired on her.

Pure speculation. As I understand it, there was a last minute problem and
she couldn't print the passes. So, fair enough that she has to pay. But
going up to the desk, paying £240 and having the check in person press a
button to print them - that's taking the ****.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Bob Eager
escribió:

But uit
seems you take pride in getting poor service!

I'm realistic enough to know that if I pay bottom dollar I'm not going
to get top service. Don't assume that I fly cattle class exclusively,
I've paid out of my own pocket for business class before now.

Pure speculation. As I understand it, there was a last minute problem and
she couldn't print the passes.

So you don't actually know the facts? Who's speculating now?

They went on a 15 day trip and the Ryanair website only lets you print
the boarding pass up to 14 days in advance, so before they went she was
able to print the passes for the outgoing leg but not the return. What
was to stop her from going to an internet cafe while away and printing
them there, or asking her hotel to do it?

So, fair enough that she has to pay. But
going up to the desk, paying £240 and having the check in person press a
button to print them - that's taking the ****.

Maybe so, but she signed up to the terms and conditions that allowed
Ryanair to take the ****. If she didn't read them beforehand, that's
her own fault.

Have you ever booked a Ryanair flight? They make it very clear at all
stages of the booking process what the charges will be. They don't try
and hide it in the small print.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 19:21:16 +0100, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

So, fair enough that she has to pay. But
going up to the desk, paying £240 and having the check in person press a
button to print them - that's taking the ****.

Maybe so, but she signed up to the terms and conditions that allowed
Ryanair to take the ****. If she didn't read them beforehand, that's
her own fault.

The point is that it is a penalty charge.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Bob Eager
escribió:

The point is that it is a penalty charge.

The point is that she agreed to pay it.

She had the option of using an alternative airline that didn't impose
said charge but chose to cheap out.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message
En el artículo , Bob Eager
escribió:

But uit
seems you take pride in getting poor service!

I'm realistic enough to know that if I pay bottom dollar I'm not going
to get top service. Don't assume that I fly cattle class exclusively,
I've paid out of my own pocket for business class before now.

AISI, the problem with Ryanair is not the service that you get when you fly,
but their attitude that they don't actually need to fulfil the contract that
they entered into and think that just giving you your money back is enough,
when they decide not to.

I don't think (and neither does the law for that matter) that this is an
acceptable business practice that anyone should operate, whatever the price.

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 19:21:16 +0100, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

So, fair enough that she has to pay. But
going up to the desk, paying £240 and having the check in person press a
button to print them - that's taking the ****.

Maybe so, but she signed up to the terms and conditions that allowed
Ryanair to take the ****. If she didn't read them beforehand, that's
her own fault.

The point is that it is a penalty charge.

In law, it is not!

tim