Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Painting uneven edges

Hi

What is the best or correct way to paint an uneven edge between a wall
and the ceiling. Do you just go with the uneven edge or is there a
better way?

Thanks

Alec

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 9/3/2012 4:49 PM, S Viemeister wrote:
On 9/3/2012 4:47 PM, alec green wrote:
Hi

What is the best or correct way to paint an uneven edge between a wall
and the ceiling. Do you just go with the uneven edge or is there a
better way?

Cove moulding.

Or if you don't want cove moulding, mark a straight line a quarter to a
half inch or so below the ceiling, and paint the ceiling colour down to
that line.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/09/2012 23:58, S Viemeister wrote:
On 9/3/2012 4:49 PM, S Viemeister wrote:
On 9/3/2012 4:47 PM, alec green wrote:
Hi

What is the best or correct way to paint an uneven edge between a wall
and the ceiling. Do you just go with the uneven edge or is there a
better way?

Cove moulding.

Or if you don't want cove moulding, mark a straight line a quarter to a
half inch or so below the ceiling, and paint the ceiling colour down to
that line.

Yup, what I was about to say - masking tape in a nice straight line
along the top of the wall just far enough below the wall to ceiling
corner to leave a narrow (can be as little as 1/8th") strip of ceiling
coloured paint along the wall.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/09/2012 01:53, John Rumm wrote:
On 03/09/2012 23:58, S Viemeister wrote:
On 9/3/2012 4:49 PM, S Viemeister wrote:
On 9/3/2012 4:47 PM, alec green wrote:
Hi

What is the best or correct way to paint an uneven edge between a wall
and the ceiling. Do you just go with the uneven edge or is there a
better way?

Cove moulding.

Or if you don't want cove moulding, mark a straight line a quarter to a
half inch or so below the ceiling, and paint the ceiling colour down to
that line.

Yup, what I was about to say - masking tape in a nice straight line
along the top of the wall just far enough below the wall to ceiling
corner to leave a narrow (can be as little as 1/8th") strip of ceiling
coloured paint along the wall.

+1 except that masking tape follows the undulations of whatever it's
stuck to, so it's never going to be perfect

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
stuart noble wrote:
[...]

just use a small brush and a steady hand.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/09/2012 08:33, charles wrote:
In article ,
stuart noble wrote:
[...]

Or fit a picture rail and paint down to that, which I prefer the look of
anyway. Or I suppose a small round bead fitted into the angle would give
you straightness and act as a small coving
Posted to uk.d-i-y

stuart noble wrote:
[...]

I know where to buy the former, the second is not always do easy to
find! ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , charles
writes
In article ,
stuart noble wrote:
On 04/09/2012 01:53, John Rumm wrote:
On 03/09/2012 23:58, S Viemeister wrote:

Or if you don't want cove moulding, mark a straight line a quarter to a
half inch or so below the ceiling, and paint the ceiling colour down to
that line.

Yup, what I was about to say - masking tape in a nice straight line
along the top of the wall just far enough below the wall to ceiling
corner to leave a narrow (can be as little as 1/8th") strip of ceiling
coloured paint along the wall.

+1 except that masking tape follows the undulations of whatever it's
stuck to, so it's never going to be perfect

just use a small brush and a steady hand.

A bit like using a large hammer lightly, this is a task I find easier
with a wider brush. I use a 6" emulsion brush to do the edges of a wall
quickly before getting a roller on the still wet edges. Running it edge
ways down the desired line gives a well controlled result for me.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"alec green" wrote in message
Hi

What is the best or correct way to paint an uneven edge between a wall
and the ceiling. Do you just go with the uneven edge or is there a
better way?

Thanks

Alec

For many years I have wondered just how Travelodge do it.

Easing the edges Puckdropper[_2_] Woodworking 16 January 29th 12 02:04 AM
Pergo End-2-End EDGES????? infiniteMPG Home Repair 0 June 14th 10 05:31 PM
Painting Question Re Edges: Tape Or One Of Those "Edgers" ? Robert11[_2_] Home Repair 20 January 29th 09 03:58 AM
Roller Painting - edges John UK diy 1 November 24th 07 10:51 PM
Painting uneven plastered wall William Brown Home Repair 0 October 24th 05 04:01 PM