William Brown

Default Painting uneven plastered wall

Get some spackling compound and fill the holes and cracks, then sand
smooth and paint. I'm not clear on what a blemish is; if its just
discoloration, a second coat of paint should cover it.

You should be prepared to spend more time on prep than on painting.

millt wrote:
Hi all,
I hope I have the right group for this.
I have recently stripped the wall paper from my bedroom & lightly
samned down the wall. Just put a white matt emulsion as an "undercoat"
on the stripped wall & every single small hole, crack & blemish is
showing through even though I thought the paint would sort of cover
it.Other than just put coat after coat of paint on the wall, Im
thinking of lining the wall with something like sheets of Hard board
of MDF & taping the joints with joint tape & then painting this.
Anyone know what would be the best thing to do.

Regards
& thanks in advance,

Rich

Wet parapet wall on conservatory... AlexW UK diy 2 August 3rd 05 05:15 PM
Painting a plasterd wall Sparks UK diy 5 February 24th 04 08:52 AM
"Damp" internal wall - initial measurements made. Any ideas? Clive Long,UK UK diy 5 January 30th 04 09:28 AM
Painting over Kitchen Wall Tiles Mary UK diy 0 November 14th 03 11:57 AM
How to Remove Painted Wallpaper from Wall & Painting Paneling tom Home Repair 6 June 29th 03 07:17 AM