Sparks

Default Painting a plasterd wall

Just had a wall plastered - what is the best thing to use to seal the wall,
so when I paint it, it doesn't just absorb the paint!

Ta!

Sparks...

Grunff

Sparks wrote:
Just had a wall plastered - what is the best thing to use to seal the wall,
so when I paint it, it doesn't just absorb the paint!

We always just paint straight onto the plaster - works well. Usually 2
coats, sometimes three if painting white.

If you want to seal it use PVA diluted with 3-4 parts water.

--
Grunff
Andy Hall

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 21:50:52 -0000, "Sparks" wrote:

Just had a wall plastered - what is the best thing to use to seal the wall,
so when I paint it, it doesn't just absorb the paint!

Ta!

Sparks...

Use some of the emulsion that you plan to use for the wall, but thin
it by 10-20% with water.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Harry Bloomfield

On 23/02/2004 Sparks a wrote :
Just had a wall plastered - what is the best thing to use to seal the wall,
so when I paint it, it doesn't just absorb the paint!

Ta!

Sparks...

I was advised to to use a very thin coat of emulsion to seal the
surface, after we had several rooms replastered. Thin the emulsion down
with about 1/3 of water and allow it plenty of time to dry out.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Mike Taylor

Use 1 coat of light coloured emulsion well watered down as a mist coat then
just paint your normal 2 coats over. Standard architectural practise

N. Thornton

"Mike Taylor" wrote in message ...
Use 1 coat of light coloured emulsion well watered down as a mist coat then
just paint your normal 2 coats over. Standard architectural practise

It is. Though I get a denser result more easily by brushing water on
the wall then painting with unthinned emulsion.

Regards, NT