Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default kudos shower seals

anyone know of a source for "push on" clear(ish) silicone extrusions that fit to the edges of glass shower doors?

Specifically a Kudos quadrant shower with a side pivoting door...

Looked on Ebay and can't see the correct profile.
Contacted Kudos but interested if anyone has a 3rd party source?

Cheers
Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim K" wrote in message
anyone know of a source for "push on" clear(ish) silicone extrusions that

fit to the edges of glass shower doors?

Specifically a Kudos quadrant shower with a side pivoting door...

Looked on Ebay and can't see the correct profile.
Contacted Kudos but interested if anyone has a 3rd party source?

Cheers
Jim K

Anything like these ?
http://www.spiralhardware.co.uk/gask...ic-glass-seals

Chris

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, August 23, 2012 9:40:45 PM UTC+1, Chris wrote:
"Jim K" wrote in message

anyone know of a source for "push on" clear(ish) silicone extrusions that

fit to the edges of glass shower doors?

Specifically a Kudos quadrant shower with a side pivoting door...

Looked on Ebay and can't see the correct profile.

Contacted Kudos but interested if anyone has a 3rd party source?

Cheers

Jim K

Anything like these ?

http://www.spiralhardware.co.uk/gask...ic-glass-seals

Chris

well thats the general idea alright but nothing exactly correct & i think my glass is 5mm (the link offers seals for 8mm or 10mm glass...)

cheers
Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/08/2012 21:18, Jim K wrote:
anyone know of a source for "push on" clear(ish) silicone extrusions that fit to the edges of glass shower doors?

Specifically a Kudos quadrant shower with a side pivoting door...

Looked on Ebay and can't see the correct profile.
Contacted Kudos but interested if anyone has a 3rd party source?

Oddly enough I was in the plumbers merchant earlier and noted they had a
little display of shower seals... Have you got a photo or a drawing of
what you need?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23 Aug, 22:33, John Rumm wrote:
On 23/08/2012 21:18, Jim K wrote:

anyone know of a source for "push on" clear(ish) silicone extrusions that fit to the edges of glass shower doors?

Specifically a Kudos quadrant shower with a side pivoting door...

Looked on Ebay and can't see the correct profile.
Contacted Kudos but interested if anyone has a 3rd party source?

Oddly enough I was in the plumbers merchant earlier and noted they had a
little display of shower seals... Have you got a photo or a drawing of
what you need?

ascii art !!

| |
| |
|__|
/ |

cheers
Jim K

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/08/2012 21:18, Jim K wrote:

anyone know of a source for "push on" clear(ish) silicone extrusions that fit to the edges of glass shower doors?

Specifically a Kudos quadrant shower with a side pivoting door...

Looked on Ebay and can't see the correct profile.
Contacted Kudos but interested if anyone has a 3rd party source?

Oddly enough I was in the plumbers merchant earlier and noted they had a
little display of shower seals... Have you got a photo or a drawing of
what you need?

ascii art !!

| |
| |
|__|
/ |

I will no doubt be back there later in the week, so will have a look.
Got any dimensions to go with that? And if they do have it, how many
meters do you want?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/08/2012 21:18, Jim K wrote:

anyone know of a source for "push on" clear(ish) silicone extrusions that fit to the edges of glass shower doors?

Specifically a Kudos quadrant shower with a side pivoting door...

Looked on Ebay and can't see the correct profile.
Contacted Kudos but interested if anyone has a 3rd party source?

Oddly enough I was in the plumbers merchant earlier and noted they had a
little display of shower seals... Have you got a photo or a drawing of
what you need?

ascii art !!

* *| *|
* *| *|
* *|__|
* / * |
* * * |

I will no doubt be back there later in the week, so will have a look.
Got any dimensions to go with that? And if they do have it, how many
meters do you want?

Thanks John, let me speak with kudos tomorrow first tho....

Dimensions (from a biro outline hence a bit woolly) a-
bottom fin is 10or11 mm deep
45 deg angled fin projects 2or3 mm
to fit 5mm glass

need 1 metre.

looking online here and there these things seem remarkably
expensive!!!

Cheers
Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/08/2012 21:18, Jim K wrote:

anyone know of a source for "push on" clear(ish) silicone extrusions that fit to the edges of glass shower doors?

Specifically a Kudos quadrant shower with a side pivoting door...

Looked on Ebay and can't see the correct profile.
Contacted Kudos but interested if anyone has a 3rd party source?

Oddly enough I was in the plumbers merchant earlier and noted they had a
little display of shower seals... Have you got a photo or a drawing of
what you need?

ascii art !!

* | *|
* | *|
* |__|
*/ * |
* * *|

cheers
Jim K

Loads of sellers on eBay http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=shower+door+seal
I've just ordered some very similar profile myself.

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/08/2012 21:18, Jim K wrote:

[...]

well that's refreshing - direct from Kudos - £5 including P&P!

Have ordered.

thanks for the kind offer John ;)

Cheers
Jim K

Kudos Gomba Home Repair 0 July 10th 12 07:17 PM
Seals on shower door gone GB UK diy 0 March 8th 10 08:29 AM
Replacement seals for shower cabinet [email protected] UK diy 0 January 7th 09 08:55 AM
Leaky seals on shower surround door blueman Home Repair 0 April 4th 06 02:01 AM
Shower Screen Sizes and Seals ??? Stuart UK diy 1 October 8th 03 08:38 PM