Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Is this a gas connector?

I just found this (under a home-made blanking box) in the sixties bungalow
I'm renovating for sale:

http://tinyurl.com/9tf3vvj

It's in the kitchen wall, just below and slightly to the side of the
electric switch plate for a cooker: until I removed the covering box I
assumed that I'd find a 45A cooker connector, but it clearly isn't that (and
on a side note, though there's an empty conduit buried in the wall from the
base of the cooker switch back box, it doesn't emerge anywhere at all) - so
is it gas?

Many thanks,

Bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

on 23/08/2012, Bert Coules supposed :
I just found this (under a home-made blanking box) in the sixties bungalow
I'm renovating for sale:

http://tinyurl.com/9tf3vvj

It's in the kitchen wall, just below and slightly to the side of the electric
switch plate for a cooker: until I removed the covering box I assumed that
I'd find a 45A cooker connector, but it clearly isn't that (and on a side
note, though there's an empty conduit buried in the wall from the base of the
cooker switch back box, it doesn't emerge anywhere at all) - so is it gas?

Many thanks,

Bert

That is a gas point for a plug in gas hose.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/08/2012 20:26, Bert Coules wrote:
I just found this (under a home-made blanking box) in the sixties
bungalow I'm renovating for sale:

http://tinyurl.com/9tf3vvj

It's in the kitchen wall, just below and slightly to the side of the
electric switch plate for a cooker: until I removed the covering box I
assumed that I'd find a 45A cooker connector, but it clearly isn't that
(and on a side note, though there's an empty conduit buried in the wall
from the base of the cooker switch back box, it doesn't emerge anywhere
at all) - so is it gas?

Yup, standard self sealing bayonet socket.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks to everyone for the answers. I suspected it was gas but it's good to
have it properly confirmed.

Bert

name that connector Karl Townsend Metalworking 4 October 18th 10 08:49 PM
What is an AC3 connector? Peter Hucker Electronics 6 February 15th 09 09:45 AM
BSP Connector Help [email protected] UK diy 3 June 16th 05 12:16 PM
WC connector Robert UK diy 4 March 8th 05 08:37 AM
WC pan connector help please Broadback UK diy 3 December 17th 04 07:50 PM