Kevin Davies

Default Burgular alarm - Gardiner Technology Shockguard Sensors

Hi!

I recently bought a house and the owners when they moved out decided to take
the burglar alarm with them! I am now in the process of putting an alarm
back. What would nice is if I could use the impact sensors which were left
and the wiring for them is still in place.

The sensors are manufactured by Gardiner Technology (identified in the
plastic moulding), however I don't have the specification for the things. I
guess I could work them out with a meter, but is there a specification sheet
/ pin out available somewhere, which would save some swearing and cursing on
my part. To confuse matters two different types appear to have been fitted.
The first has SV written on the PCB and I can't see any model number on the
plastic or PCB and the other is identified as Shockguard ISS E on both sides
of the PCB.

I have tried asking Gardiner Technology who's marketing person replied to
patronis errr I mean inform me that they are a trade only business and I
should look in yellow pages for an alarm installer or electrical contractor.

Many thanks

Kevin

Dave Liquorice

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 23:58:11 -0000, Kevin Davies wrote:

I have tried asking Gardiner Technology who's marketing person
replied to patronis errr I mean inform me that they are a trade only
business ...

This is why that have a number of little sheds about that anyone can
walk into and buy stuff over the counter by CC or cash...

Visit their website and see if there is one close by, talking nicely
to someone over a counter will probably far more useful than a
marketing droid.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Colin M

If you bought the house and the removal of the alarm was not mentioned in
the preamble, get onto your solicitor. Sellers are not supposed to remove
fixtures and fittings like an alarm system!

Colin

Gerbil

"Colin M" wrote in message ...
If you bought the house and the removal of the alarm was not mentioned in
the preamble, get onto your solicitor. Sellers are not supposed to remove
fixtures and fittings like an alarm system!

Colin

Sorry this is going a bit off topic....

The Estate agents description (third of a sheet of A4) did not mention
the alarm and when I saw round the house I was told it was being left.
But only once I'd had the survey, alot of the legal work / searches
done and sold my old house, the form came through listing in detail as
to what was being left and what was being taken. I then learned the
sellers had evidently changed their minds and decided to take
everything that wasn't nailed down and an awful lot of stuff that was!
They wanted £1500 for the alarm and I told the solicitor to tell them
to get stuffed, but I was by this stage in the game pretty committed,
so had to buy the gas fires and fire places(!) from them.

Lessons to be learned is that a third of a sheet of A4 is not
sufficient and get the form as to what's being left before making any
commitments.

Regards

Kev
BigWallop

"Kevin Davies" wrote in message
[...]

What are the terminals marked as ? As in:

terminal 1 + 2 = + , -
ditto 3 + 4 = T or Tmp
ditto 5 + 6 = SW or Alm

Ade

Kevin Davies wrote:

snip

I have tried asking Gardiner Technology who's marketing person replied to
patronis errr I mean inform me that they are a trade only business and I
should look in yellow pages for an alarm installer or electrical contractor.

Was that technical enquiries number specifically? It's on their website
somewhere (or at least was) - I had cause to contact them about 5 months
ago as I was re-installing my mate's Gardtec panel. They couldn't have
been more helpful - sent a copy of the manual free of charge the
following day.

Ade