Kevin Davies

Default Burgular alarm - Gardiner Technology Shockguard Sensors

Hi!

I recently bought a house and the owners when they moved out decided to take
the burglar alarm with them! I am now in the process of putting an alarm
back. What would nice is if I could use the impact sensors which were left
and the wiring for them is still in place.

The sensors are manufactured by Gardiner Technology (identified in the
plastic moulding), however I don't have the specification for the things. I
guess I could work them out with a meter, but is there a specification sheet
/ pin out available somewhere, which would save some swearing and cursing on
my part. To confuse matters two different types appear to have been fitted.
The first has SV written on the PCB and I can't see any model number on the
plastic or PCB and the other is identified as Shockguard ISS E on both sides
of the PCB.

I have tried asking Gardiner Technology who's marketing person replied to
patronis errr I mean inform me that they are a trade only business and I
should look in yellow pages for an alarm installer or electrical contractor.

Many thanks

Kevin