Gerbil

Default Burgular alarm - Gardiner Technology Shockguard Sensors

"Colin M" wrote in message ...
If you bought the house and the removal of the alarm was not mentioned in
the preamble, get onto your solicitor. Sellers are not supposed to remove
fixtures and fittings like an alarm system!

Colin

Sorry this is going a bit off topic....

The Estate agents description (third of a sheet of A4) did not mention
the alarm and when I saw round the house I was told it was being left.
But only once I'd had the survey, alot of the legal work / searches
done and sold my old house, the form came through listing in detail as
to what was being left and what was being taken. I then learned the
sellers had evidently changed their minds and decided to take
everything that wasn't nailed down and an awful lot of stuff that was!
They wanted £1500 for the alarm and I told the solicitor to tell them
to get stuffed, but I was by this stage in the game pretty committed,
so had to buy the gas fires and fire places(!) from them.

Lessons to be learned is that a third of a sheet of A4 is not
sufficient and get the form as to what's being left before making any
commitments.

Regards

Kev