Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Aldi Right Angle Drill Adaptor For use with a Bosch IXO cordless screwdriver?

Anybody know if the Right Angle Drill Adaptor on offer at Aldi would
work with a Bosch IXO cordless screwdriver,or is it just for use with
drills?

Just thought if it works with the Bosch it would save me from buying
there propriety adaptor and save me about £15.00 .

Cheers for any advise
MW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/07/2012 20:23, MW wrote:
Anybody know if the Right Angle Drill Adaptor on offer at Aldi would
work with a Bosch IXO cordless screwdriver,or is it just for use with
drills?

Just thought if it works with the Bosch it would save me from buying
there propriety adaptor and save me about £15.00 .

Cheers for any advise
MW

Don't know the answer, but in my experience the dedicated right angle
drills and drivers are both more compact and easier to use. Not cheap,
but mine paid for itself easily for drilling joists when rewiring an old
house with a lot of narrow joist spacings.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article m,
newshound wrote:
Don't know the answer, but in my experience the dedicated right angle
drills and drivers are both more compact and easier to use. Not cheap,
but mine paid for itself easily for drilling joists when rewiring an old
house with a lot of narrow joist spacings.

I've got a fairly old Wicks cordless drill that came with a removable
right angle drive. It can be fixed in different positions relative to the
body. Very useful - I'm surprised it didn't catch on.

--
*One of us is thinking about sex... OK, it's me.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , MW
writes
Anybody know if the Right Angle Drill Adaptor on offer at Aldi would
work with a Bosch IXO cordless screwdriver,or is it just for use with
drills?

Just thought if it works with the Bosch it would save me from buying
there propriety adaptor and save me about £15.00 .

Cheers for any advise
MW

I bought one of the Aldi ones and have used it once with a cordless
drill. I think it was in their "remainder bin area" in the days when the
tools used to end up there rather than just being removed from the
displays..

It worked well enough for my job, but it feels as though it has a slight
stiff spot when you turn it - as if one of the shafts is not quite true.
I thought it reduced the torque of the drill quite a bit

--
Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 5 Jul 2012 00:28:05 +0100, Bill wrote:

In message , MW
writes
Anybody know if the Right Angle Drill Adaptor on offer at Aldi would
work with a Bosch IXO cordless screwdriver,or is it just for use with
drills?

Just thought if it works with the Bosch it would save me from buying
there propriety adaptor and save me about £15.00 .

Cheers for any advise
MW

I bought one of the Aldi ones and have used it once with a cordless
drill. I think it was in their "remainder bin area" in the days when the
tools used to end up there rather than just being removed from the
displays..

It worked well enough for my job, but it feels as though it has a slight
stiff spot when you turn it - as if one of the shafts is not quite true.
I thought it reduced the torque of the drill quite a bit

I have an Aldi one and from the start it was a bit rough and stiff. Striped
it down, lubed everything in sight with some molly-gloop and now it works
quite smoothly.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Cheers for the replys but no ones answered the original question,see
below.

Anyone??

In article , MW
wrote:

Anybody know if the Right Angle Drill Adaptor on offer at Aldi would
work with a Bosch IXO cordless screwdriver,or is it just for use with
drills?

Just thought if it works with the Bosch it would save me from buying
there propriety adaptor and save me about £15.00 .

Cheers for any advise
MW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Anybody know if the Right Angle Drill Adaptor on offer at Aldi would
work with a Bosch IXO cordless screwdriver,or is it just for use with
drills?

Just thought if it works with the Bosch it would save me from buying
there propriety adaptor and save me about £15.00 .

Cheers for any advise

They fit the chuck of any drill. Screwdrivers normally have a hex drive.

--
*(over a sketch of the titanic) "The boat sank - get over it

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks everyone for the answer especially Dave Plowman (News)

Cheers
MW

In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

wrote:

Anybody know if the Right Angle Drill Adaptor on offer at Aldi would
work with a Bosch IXO cordless screwdriver,or is it just for use with
drills?

Just thought if it works with the Bosch it would save me from buying
there propriety adaptor and save me about £15.00 .

Cheers for any advise

They fit the chuck of any drill. Screwdrivers normally have a hex drive.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

MW wrote:
Cheers for the replys but no ones answered the original question,see
below.

Don't top post, it makes the baby Jesus cry.

You can't use the Aldi adapter with an electric screwdriver. The adapter
has a round drive shaft, screwdrivers use a hex shaft. If you want a right
angle adapter for an electric screwdriver Maplin sell a suitable device.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 4, 10:01*pm, newshound wrote:

Don't know the answer, but in my experience the dedicated right angle
drills and drivers are both more compact and easier to use. Not cheap,

Agreed. Didn't have one though and couldn't afford one.

Did have an ancient (1960s?) right angle gearbox, with a fearsome
reputation for spinning around and around if not used very carefully.
Some work with a bit of Dexion and builder's band on an old cheap
cordless though, and I have a cordless right-angle drill that can be
used one-handed and is up to drilling joists.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
Andy Dingley wrote:
Did have an ancient (1960s?) right angle gearbox, with a fearsome
reputation for spinning around and around if not used very carefully.

Any of these devices will do the same if they're not attached to the drill
body.

--
*If horrific means to make horrible, does terrific mean to make terrible?