Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
JH

Default Bosch cordless screwdriver problem

Hi,

The battery in my Bosch PSR 3.6 VS cordless screwdriver doesn't recharge
anymore, I suspect the problem is the battery is in deep discharge as it is
outputting 0 volts when measured with a multi-meter. Although I'll also
mention that when plugging the screwdriver into the re-charger unit the
recharge LED does not come on, not sure if this is relevant though.

First thought was to simply replace the battery pack but after doing some
research on the web it appears the old pack may be recoverable by connecting
a more powerful DC battery to it briefly.

1) Does anyone know the validity of such an approach? I.e. do I just connect
a 12v car or bike battery for a second or two and that's it? Sounds a bit
dodgy to me but I'm willing to give it a go.

2) If the old pack cannot be recovered, what is the best source for a
replacement pack?

3) Whilst taking the screwdriver apart the drive mechanism "auto
disassembled" onto the floor :-(. I've reassembled most of the parts but
cannot
figure out where two small metal rollers go (about 5mm long by 3mm in
radius) . Here's two pictures http://www.jhatley.com/bosch1.jpg and
http://www.jhatley.com/bosch2.jpg . Any ideas?

Thanks

Jules