John Kelly

Default Another Bosch cordless screwdriver problem

My Bosch - IXO as in http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=110492 has
decided to stop working. It's only a week old and I'm taking it back in
an hour for a replacement. Only thing that's worryng me is does this
happen often? Am I using it too much? I've been screwing into
floorboards (those long chipboard things) and it's been hard work with
me having to make the last few turns by hand - would this have broken
it?

Thanks

--
John Kelly

Remove dimspam if replying by mail
IMM

"John Kelly" wrote in message
My Bosch - IXO as in http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=110492 has
decided to stop working. It's only a week old and I'm taking it back in
an hour for a replacement. Only thing that's worryng me is does this
happen often?

Yep.

Am I using it too much?

No.

I've been screwing into
floorboards (those long chipboard things) and it's been hard work with
me having to make the last few turns by hand - would this have broken
it?

Thanks

Try one of the Wickes pro range (most are rebadged Kress from Germany)

Seri

I purchased and IXO and the first one had very little torque, I took it
back and the new one has been superb. It's used a lot.

I purchased a friend one for Christmas and his was quite a lot louder
than my new one and had less torque. Again, returned for a replacement
and the new ones great.

Seems to be a 50% failure rate. When you have a good one they're
superb.

Seri