Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default I am just about to annoy a cowboy builder

Only worked for him once before. He left the money he owed me at my brothers
house and it was £50 short and he also told the customer I had charged £700
not £600 for the work I did. The customer gave this info after booting the
guy out of his house and asking me to get someone else in to finish the job.

12 months later the builder has just phoned me again to do another job as
his electrician has let him down and he is desperate. I am due on site at
6.45pm. Well I will not be there. And when he does get hold of me in the
morning when I turn my phone on I will give him the news that his Mother
used to be a prostitute.

How do I know this info? Well a few years ago she was in the magistrates
court for soliciting at the same time I was up in court for drunk and
disorderly. I pleaded guilty and she was found guilty.

Eat your heart out Dominic Littlewood.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
[...]

Dumb move imho. Don't get even, get back.
The wheel never stops turning.
Nick.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/06/2012 18:33, ARWadsworth wrote:
Only worked for him once before. He left the money he owed me at my brothers
house and it was £50 short and he also told the customer I had charged £700
not £600 for the work I did. The customer gave this info after booting the
guy out of his house and asking me to get someone else in to finish the job.

12 months later the builder has just phoned me again to do another job as
his electrician has let him down and he is desperate. I am due on site at
6.45pm. Well I will not be there. And when he does get hold of me in the
morning when I turn my phone on I will give him the news that his Mother
used to be a prostitute.

How do I know this info? Well a few years ago she was in the magistrates
court for soliciting at the same time I was up in court for drunk and
disorderly. I pleaded guilty and she was found guilty.

Eat your heart out Dominic Littlewood.

I would just ask for the arrears - and the money up front for the
current job before I started. If he promised both in the phone call I'd
call it evens.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 1 Jun 2012 18:33:14 +0100, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

Only worked for him once before. He left the money he owed me at my brothers
house and it was £50 short and he also told the customer I had charged £700
not £600 for the work I did. The customer gave this info after booting the
guy out of his house and asking me to get someone else in to finish the job.

12 months later the builder has just phoned me again to do another job as
his electrician has let him down and he is desperate. I am due on site at
6.45pm. Well I will not be there. And when he does get hold of me in the
morning when I turn my phone on I will give him the news that his Mother
used to be a prostitute.

How do I know this info? Well a few years ago she was in the magistrates
court for soliciting at the same time I was up in court for drunk and
disorderly. I pleaded guilty and she was found guilty.

Eat your heart out Dominic Littlewood.

Not good!

You are answering his dishonesty with your own, if you have no
intention of keeping the appointment.

Better to take up the £50-00 shortfall at the "bargaining phase".

I would think that his suggestion that you cost so much may be off
putting for your future clients.

Slander?

Methinks you should "killfile" him.

Have you his mothers phone number BTW?

HN
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/06/2012 18:33, ARWadsworth wrote:

Eat your heart out Dominic Littlewood.

Fantastic.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote
ARWadsworth wrote

Eat your heart out Dominic Littlewood.

Who's he?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominic_Littlewood

Works surprisingly often.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , ARWadsworth adamwadsworth@
blueyonder.co.uk escribió:

How do I know this info? Well a few years ago she was in the magistrates
court for soliciting at the same time I was up in court for drunk and
disorderly. I pleaded guilty and she was found guilty.

Somehow I read that as you were up for soliciting and she was up for
D&D.

Need. More. Coffee.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , ARWadsworth adamwadsworth@
blueyonder.co.uk escribió:

Dominic Littlewood.

Isn't he that irritating baldy shortarse that fronts up cowboy builder
programmes on the Idiot's Lantern?

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

blueyonder.co.uk escribió:

Dominic Littlewood.

Isn't he that irritating baldy shortarse that fronts up cowboy builder
programmes on the Idiot's Lantern?

"Don't get done, get Dom!"

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Owain wrote:
On Jun 1, 6:33 pm, "ARWadsworth" wrote:
How do I know this info? Well a few years ago she was in the
magistrates court for soliciting at the same time I was up in court
for drunk and disorderly. I pleaded guilty and she was found guilty.

How many years ago was this, and how old is the builder?

18 years ago. The builder is in his 30s.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Mike Tomlinson
wrote
blueyonder.co.uk escribió:

Dominic Littlewood.

Isn't he that irritating baldy shortarse that fronts up cowboy builder
programmes on the Idiot's Lantern?

Yep, he spends the whole program explaining how he is going to make the
cowboy builder pay for his misdeeds but in reality is just told to F***
**F at the end of the program and that's the end of story!

--
Alan
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, June 3, 2012 1:29:21 PM UTC+1, Alan wrote:
In message , Mike Tomlinson
wrote
blueyonder.co.uk escribió:

Dominic Littlewood.

Isn't he that irritating baldy shortarse that fronts up cowboy builder
programmes on the Idiot's Lantern?

Yep, he spends the whole program explaining how he is going to make the
cowboy builder pay for his misdeeds but in reality is just told to F***
**F at the end of the program and that's the end of story!

He always says he has passed his research to Trading Standards.
They had a feedback program a while ago and trading standards thanked Dom (well, his researchers anyway) for doing their work for them. Twas quite interesting.
Usually some builder closes a limited company leaving loads of debts and restarts it under a new name. Sometimes you feel sorry for the builder who can build things but quite obviously does not have the intelligence to run a business.
Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[Default] On Sun, 3 Jun 2012 13:29:21 +0100, a certain chimpanzee,
Alan , randomly hit the keyboard and wrote:

Yep, he spends the whole program explaining how he is going to make the
cowboy builder pay for his misdeeds but in reality is just told to F***
**F at the end of the program and that's the end of story!

Or hands his file to Trading Standards, who just go, "gee, thanks!"
under their breath.
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have I strayed"?

Completely and utterly OT - People annoy me Pete Zahut[_4_] UK diy 23 December 9th 10 09:25 PM
O/T: The Cowboy! Lew Hodgett[_5_] Woodworking 0 May 3rd 09 04:49 AM
OT - Montana Cowboy Cliff Metalworking 1 May 5th 06 08:10 PM
Cowboy builder took money away Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt Home Repair 9 August 26th 05 07:10 PM
Cowboy builders Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt Home Ownership 0 August 23rd 05 07:19 AM