Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What happened to "our" apprentice that used to post here?

AKA gremlin 95.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

AKA gremlin 95.

Not seen for a while, but he will be out of touch at the moment anyway
as google is sulking again ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Andy
Burns writes
ARWadsworth wrote:

AKA gremlin 95.

Not seen for a while, but he will be out of touch at the moment anyway
as google is sulking again ...

Last seen sliding down banisters about a week ago:

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.d-...a277cc8917fd3/

--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

fred wrote:

Burns writes:

ARWadsworth wrote:

gremlin 95.

Not seen for a while, but he will be out of touch at the moment anyway
as google is sulking again ...

Last seen sliding down banisters about a week ago:

Oh was that him? Apologies I didn't realise ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/05/2012 18:46, ARWadsworth wrote:
AKA gremlin 95.

I'm here I'm here

Been reading your thread about 'idiots'

I know how to reset a MCB :P

--
David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/05/2012 18:56, Andy Burns wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

AKA gremlin 95.

Not seen for a while, but he will be out of touch at the moment anyway
as google is sulking again ...

I use Thunderbird now with Eternal September as my news server

--
David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

gremlin_95 wrote:
On 14/05/2012 18:46, ARWadsworth wrote:
AKA gremlin 95.

I'm here I'm here

Been reading your thread about 'idiots'

I know how to reset a MCB :P

And how are things at college?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/05/2012 20:57, ARWadsworth wrote:
gremlin_95 wrote:
On 14/05/2012 18:46, ARWadsworth wrote:
AKA gremlin 95.

I'm here I'm here

Been reading your thread about 'idiots'

I know how to reset a MCB :P

And how are things at college?

Things are going just fine thanks, I'm in really early tomorrow due to
train drivers striking

Just wrapping most things up for this year and will hopefully be going
part time next year with the apprenticeship.

--
David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

gremlin_95 wrote:
On 14/05/2012 18:46, ARWadsworth wrote:
AKA gremlin 95.

I'm here I'm here

Been reading your thread about 'idiots'

I know how to reset a MCB :P

And how are things at college?

Things are going just fine thanks, I'm in really early tomorrow due to
train drivers striking

Just wrapping most things up for this year and will hopefully be going
part time next year with the apprenticeship.

Good news and I am delighted for you.

BTW what do you call early?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/05/2012 21:27, ARWadsworth wrote:

Good news and I am delighted for you.

BTW what do you call early?

Up at 0530 -0545 to get ready, eat, shower etc and leave the house by
0625, walk to the station, catch the train which is at 0700, 39 minute
journey on the train then get the next tram which will take about 25
minutes and then a 10 minute walk to college!

Normally the train is 0725 and takes 50 minutes but because there is a
strike its just a shuttle service calling at a few stations only.

Early enough?

--
David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

gremlin_95 wrote:
On 14/05/2012 21:27, ARWadsworth wrote:

Good news and I am delighted for you.

BTW what do you call early?

Up at 0530 -0545 to get ready, eat, shower etc and leave the house by
0625, walk to the station, catch the train which is at 0700, 39 minute
journey on the train then get the next tram which will take about 25
minutes and then a 10 minute walk to college!

Normally the train is 0725 and takes 50 minutes but because there is a
strike its just a shuttle service calling at a few stations only.

Early enough?

You are a superstar.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/05/2012 22:03, ARWadsworth wrote:
gremlin_95 wrote:
On 14/05/2012 21:27, ARWadsworth wrote:
Good news and I am delighted for you.

BTW what do you call early?

Up at 0530 -0545 to get ready, eat, shower etc and leave the house by
0625, walk to the station, catch the train which is at 0700, 39 minute
journey on the train then get the next tram which will take about 25
minutes and then a 10 minute walk to college!

Normally the train is 0725 and takes 50 minutes but because there is a
strike its just a shuttle service calling at a few stations only.

Early enough?

You are a superstar.

Haha thanks, how are your apprentices doing?

--
David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

gremlin_95 wrote:
On 14/05/2012 21:27, ARWadsworth wrote:
Good news and I am delighted for you.

BTW what do you call early?
Up at 0530 -0545 to get ready, eat, shower etc and leave the
house by 0625, walk to the station, catch the train which is at
0700, 39 minute journey on the train then get the next tram which
will take about 25 minutes and then a 10 minute walk to college!

Normally the train is 0725 and takes 50 minutes but because there
is a strike its just a shuttle service calling at a few stations
only. Early enough?

You are a superstar.

Haha thanks, how are your apprentices doing?

Some of them are OK and the rest of them are still alive.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

gremlin_95 wrote:
On 14/05/2012 21:27, ARWadsworth wrote:
Good news and I am delighted for you.

BTW what do you call early?
Up at 0530 -0545 to get ready, eat, shower etc and leave the
house by 0625, walk to the station, catch the train which is at
0700, 39 minute journey on the train then get the next tram
which will take about 25 minutes and then a 10 minute walk to
college! Normally the train is 0725 and takes 50 minutes but because
there is a strike its just a shuttle service calling at a few
stations only. Early enough?
You are a superstar.

Haha thanks, how are your apprentices doing?

Some of them are OK and the rest of them are still alive.

And one was lucky and quick when the tower scaffold was knocked over that he
was stood on

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Owain wrote:
On May 15, 8:44 pm, gremlin_95 wrote:
Jeez, I take it they are electrical apprentices? Loads of them at
my college

I think Adam wonders sometimes ...

They're certainly not training to be H&S compliance officers

This one got everything right when the scaffold fell.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:
Owain wrote:
They're certainly not training to be H&S compliance officers

This one got everything right when the scaffold fell.

Screamed at the right places? Bled in the right colour?

I get the impression that gremlin deserves to have people
queueing up begging to pay him to work for them, compared
with some of the other people around.

What's your subject, gremlin? Can I give you one piece of
advice from experience: always use a cushion to kneel on!
Even if it means having to crawl all the way back out of
the roof to fetch it.

JGH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/05/2012 06:39, jgharston wrote:

I get the impression that gremlin deserves to have people queueing up
begging to pay him to work for them, compared with some of the other
people around. What's your subject, gremlin? Can I give you one piece of
advice from experience: always use a cushion to kneel on! Even if it
means having to crawl all the way back out of the roof to fetch it. JGH

Thank you!

The subject is Building Services Engineering, I will hopefully be
covering all aspects of it such as design, tendering, commissioning,
project management etc. I have already had a few days work experience at
the place, I was mostly in the office doing things like calculating what
pump size is needed, fan pressures etc for a building which was not yet
complying with Part L. All very interesting stuff

--
David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

jgharston wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:
Owain wrote:
They're certainly not training to be H&S compliance officers

This one got everything right when the scaffold fell.

Screamed at the right places? Bled in the right colour?

Jumped at the right time:-) A few cuts and bruises but nothing serious.

I get the impression that gremlin deserves to have people
queueing up begging to pay him to work for them, compared
with some of the other people around.

I agree.

--
Adam