Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tree sap removal?

My daughters car roof has got tree sap all over it and it's proving a bugger
to remove.
Does anyone have any tips?

Neil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Neil Bush" wrote in message
My daughters car roof has got tree sap all over it and it's proving a
bugger to remove.
Does anyone have any tips?

Wait for it
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
http://www.wd40.com/automotive/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 3, 4:32*pm, "Nthkentman" wrote:
"Neil Bush" wrote in message

My daughters car roof has got tree sap all over it and it's proving a
bugger to remove.
Does anyone have any tips?

Wait for it
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.http://www.wd40.com/automotive/

its just white spirit with a tiny bit of oil.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/04/2012 16:51, NT wrote:
On Apr 3, 4:32 pm, wrote:
"Neil wrote in message

My daughters car roof has got tree sap all over it and it's proving a
bugger to remove.
Does anyone have any tips?

Wait for it
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.http://www.wd40.com/automotive/

its just white spirit with a tiny bit of oil.

NT

Aye, but does it do the job or not?
Me I quite like it or it's derivatives
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Corporal Jones" wrote in message ...

Me I quite like it or it's derivatives

It is indeed useful for many things, none of which lubrication.
In fact, it saved my life once, when I dropped wax polish on the carpet.
WD40 cleaned it of without a trace (and without SWMBO ever knowing).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nthkentman" wrote in message

http://www.wd40.com/automotive/

You know, I thought of WD40, but I thought that would be too good to be
true!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Neil Bush wrote:
My daughters car roof has got tree sap all over it and it's proving a
bugger to remove.
Does anyone have any tips?

some solvents work for this, but get it off - its likely not sap but
something some trees (limes are the worst IIRC) exude and it can attack
the finish.

try white spirit - that shouldn't attack the paint. Then washing up
liquid. Or mix the two into a sort of swarfega and use them together.

Neil

and how hard it is to achieve it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes, saw down the tree.
Actually it depends on the tree for removal. Lymes are a real pain to get
off of anything. Its some kind of resin.
Brian

Email:

"Neil Bush" wrote in message
My daughters car roof has got tree sap all over it and it's proving a
bugger to remove.
Does anyone have any tips?

Neil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/04/2012 18:38, Brian Gaff wrote:
Yes, saw down the tree.
Actually it depends on the tree for removal. Lymes are a real pain to get
off of anything. Its some kind of resin.
Brian

Are you *sure* it is sap? What comes off Lime trees is a strong solution
of sugar in water. I think it may be produced by insect activity. At any
rate, it just washes off with water.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/04/2012 22:40, newshound wrote:
Are you *sure* it is sap? What comes off Lime trees is a strong solution
of sugar in water. I think it may be produced by insect activity. At any
rate, it just washes off with water.

It's greenfly poo. (there's too much sugar for them to cope with, given
the limited amounts of protein in the sap)

The problem comes when it goes mouldy.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 3 Apr 2012 15:58:33 +0100, "Neil Bush" wrote:

My daughters car roof has got tree sap all over it and it's proving a bugger
to remove.
Does anyone have any tips?

Neil

I used to use isopropyl alcohol to remove pine resin various tools and skin.

It works on pine, not sure what else.

Rick... (The other Rick)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/04/2012 22:43, Rick... (The other Rick) wrote:
On Tue, 3 Apr 2012 15:58:33 +0100, "Neil wrote:

My daughters car roof has got tree sap all over it and it's proving a bugger
to remove.
Does anyone have any tips?

Neil

I used to use isopropyl alcohol to remove pine resin various tools and skin.

It works on pine, not sure what else.

Rick... (The other Rick)

My secateurs were black after cutting back a privet. Tried white spirit
and meths but neither looked like shifting it. Scraped it off with a
stanley blade in the end
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

My daughters car roof has got tree sap all over it and it's proving a
bugger
to remove.
Does anyone have any tips?

Neil

I used to use isopropyl alcohol to remove pine resin various tools and
skin.

It works on pine, not sure what else.

Rick... (The other Rick)

My secateurs were black after cutting back a privet. Tried white spirit
and meths but neither looked like shifting it. Scraped it off with a
stanley blade in the end

If it is a lime tree the chances are it is not sap, but the nasty
insects that live there, though probably as easy to get rid of. I doubt
that you will be able to remove the tree, as it will almost certainly
have a preservation order on it. which in effect means that though it is
your tree the council own it, though you must maintain it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

If it is a lime tree the chances are it is not sap, but the nasty
insects that live there, though probably as easy to get rid of.

See here for more details

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilia

Tree Sap Removal? CWLee Home Repair 15 June 11th 10 04:28 PM
Tree Sap Removal Frank B.[_2_] Home Repair 13 February 27th 08 07:54 PM
Oak Tree removal Freckles Home Repair 28 August 7th 06 11:13 PM
tree removal [email protected] Home Repair 15 January 22nd 06 10:14 PM
Removal of Tree John Wilson UK diy 82 February 22nd 05 11:45 AM