Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tree Sap Removal

Any suggestions on a solvent that would remove tree sap from a car
without damaging the paint? I've only tried alcohol so far. Scraping it
off with a wooden tongue depressor works but is time consuming since there
are about 100 stains. And of course it would be a black car.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 17:32:41 -0600, "Frank B."
wrote:

Any suggestions on a solvent that would remove tree sap from a car
without damaging the paint? I've only tried alcohol so far. Scraping it
off with a wooden tongue depressor works but is time consuming since there
are about 100 stains. And of course it would be a black car.

Bug and Tar remover, which you can get at any auto parts store, will
remove it with a little effort, and shouldn't harm the paint finish.

Mineral spirits will too, but will take off any wax.

HTH,

Paul F.

Posted to alt.home.repair

WD-40, Spray it on,let it set a few min. should wipe right off

SD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 23:54:24 GMT, "SHOPDOG"
wrote:

WD-40, Spray it on,let it set a few min. should wipe right off

SD

How would it dissolve tree sap?

--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 26, 3:54*pm, "SHOPDOG" wrote:
WD-40, Spray it on,let it set a few min. should wipe right off

SD

I second WD-40.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

WD-40, Spray it on,let it set a few min. should wipe right off

SD

How would it dissolve tree sap?

--
Oren

A large percentage of WD-40's "magic" comes from a combination of
aromatic hydrocarbon solvents. It should handle tree sap in about the
same way that it handles adhesive labels.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

WD-40, Spray it on,let it set a few min. should wipe right off

SD

How would it dissolve tree sap?

Mineral Spirits should work too.
Posted to alt.home.repair
KC KC is offline

On Feb 26, 5:32*pm, "Frank B." wrote:
* * Any suggestions on a solvent that would remove tree sap from a car
without damaging the paint? *I've only tried alcohol so far. *Scraping it
off with a wooden tongue depressor works but is *time consuming since there
are about 100 stains. *And of course it would be a black car.

Goop hand cleaner will take it off your hands so should work on metal
also.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Frank B." wrote:

Any suggestions on a solvent that would remove tree sap from a car
without damaging the paint? I've only tried alcohol so far. Scraping it
off with a wooden tongue depressor works but is time consuming since there
are about 100 stains. And of course it would be a black car.

Hmmm, 8 replies before me and no one else gets an A+, IMHO. Olive oil,
my friend, or almost any other kind of oil.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Una Una is offline

For tar I prefer anhydrous isopropyl alcohol over mineral spirits, oils,
WD-40, and Goop. Ask for it at a pharmacy; it is not expensive but you
have to ask for it because it is stored behind the counter.

Una
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 27, 12:43*am, (Una) wrote:
For tar I prefer anhydrous isopropyl alcohol over mineral spirits, oils,
WD-40, and Goop. *Ask for it at a pharmacy; *it is not expensive but you
have to ask for it because it is stored behind the counter.

* * * * Una

Sorry Una, wrong button!

I tried all sorts of things on my truck. Not sure where I heard it,
but someone said to try Off bug spray. Worked like a charm!
Posted to alt.home.repair

I use peanut butter (not chunky!) to get it off my hands/arm...

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Feb 26, 11:43*pm, (Una) wrote:
For tar I prefer anhydrous isopropyl alcohol over mineral spirits, oils,
WD-40, and Goop. *Ask for it at a pharmacy; *it is not expensive but you
have to ask for it because it is stored behind the counter.

* * * * Una

Anhydrous isopropyl alcohol is marketed as IsoHeet under $1 a pint at
any autoparts store (at least in the snow belt). HTH

Joe

Slow tree removal peejos UK diy 11 January 21st 07 03:22 PM
Oak Tree removal Freckles Home Repair 28 August 7th 06 11:13 PM
tree removal [email protected] Home Repair 15 January 22nd 06 10:14 PM
Removal of Tree John Wilson UK diy 82 February 22nd 05 11:45 AM
Tree stump removal Brian UK diy 46 April 6th 04 12:57 PM