Posted to uk.d-i-y
Baz Baz is offline

Default Hands Up. Which one of you is this??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-17112492

--
Best Regards
Baz

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Surely they have some way to know the goods are actually from the store. i
thought things had some form of destroyable part of the price ticket?

Also, if this has been going on for that long its says nothing for their
internal communication between branches does it.

Brian

Email:

"Baz" wrote in message
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-17112492

--
Best Regards
Baz

Posted to uk.d-i-y

nah just barcodes these days

I do hope that's not the end of the Wickes "no hassle returns"-

of course I (as an upright citizen) always have a (Wickes) receipt and
always "check in" at the customer service desk first when returning/
exchanging.....

Jim K

On Feb 22, 6:00 pm, "Brian Gaff" wrote:
Surely they have some way to know the goods are actually from the store. i
thought things had some form of destroyable part of the price ticket?

Also, if this has been going on for that long its says nothing for their
internal communication between branches does it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 17:29:04 -0000, "Baz"
wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-17112492

A cyclist trying to frame a resident from Kent ?

G.Harman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/02/2012 17:29, Baz wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-17112492

Something wrong there somewhere.

For at least the last 5 years my local Wickes won't refund even own
label stuff without a receipt.

This was triggered by a spate of power tool thefts. The scroats would
take a trolley outside in to the garden stuff area, chuck the power
tools over the fence into the bushes & retrieve them under cover of
darkness.

Next day they returned to the store for a refund. Wickes twigged they
were refunding more power tools than they were selling.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/02/2012 17:29, Baz wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-17112492

Something wrong there somewhere.

For at least the last 5 years my local Wickes won't refund even own
label stuff without a receipt.

This was triggered by a spate of power tool thefts. The scroats would
take a trolley outside in to the garden stuff area, chuck the power
tools over the fence into the bushes & retrieve them under cover of
darkness.

Next day they returned to the store for a refund. Wickes twigged they
were refunding more power tools than they were selling.

The fences around the garden section of my local Wickes are about 6m
high, with inward facing razor wire overhangs. I wondered why they
needed fences like that.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/02/2012 17:29, Baz wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-17112492

makes note to take cap off if visiting Wickes

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 10:19:05 -0800 (PST), Jim K wrote:

of course I (as an upright citizen) always have a (Wickes) receipt and
always "check in" at the customer service desk first when returning/
exchanging.....

Seems rather odd that one can get from the store to the returns desk
without having to pass through the checkouts and/or security hoops.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 22, 8:01 pm, Nightjar
wrote:
On 22/02/2012 17:29, Baz wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-17112492

makes note to take cap off if visiting Wickes

fill it full of high value items and return later for "refunds"

;)

Jim K

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-17112492

It's Jack from Still Game.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 22, 9:57*pm, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 10:19:05 -0800 (PST), Jim K wrote:
of course I (as an upright citizen) always have a (Wickes) receipt and
always "check in" at the customer service desk first when returning/
exchanging.....

Seems rather odd that one can get from the store to the returns desk
without having to pass through the checkouts and/or security hoops.

I can't think of anywhere where that's not the case these days.

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 23, 10:28*am, "Man at B&Q" wrote:

Seems rather odd that one can get from the store to the returns desk
without having to pass through the checkouts and/or security hoops.

I can't think of anywhere where that's not the case these days.

MBQ

Every B&Q that I go in these days have one-way barriers between the
returns desk and the rest of the store.

Mathew

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim K wrote:
On Feb 23, 10:47 am, Mathew Newton wrote:
On Feb 23, 10:28 am, "Man at B&Q" wrote:

Seems rather odd that one can get from the store to the returns
desk without having to pass through the checkouts and/or
security hoops.

I can't think of anywhere where that's not the case these days.

MBQ

Every B&Q that I go in these days have one-way barriers between the
returns desk and the rest of the store.

Mathew

ours doesn't

So what have managed to pinch?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Feb 23, 6:44 pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
Jim K wrote:
On Feb 23, 10:47 am, Mathew Newton wrote:
On Feb 23, 10:28 am, "Man at B&Q" wrote:

Seems rather odd that one can get from the store to the returns
desk without having to pass through the checkouts and/or
security hoops.

I can't think of anywhere where that's not the case these days.

MBQ

Every B&Q that I go in these days have one-way barriers between the
returns desk and the rest of the store.

Mathew

ours doesn't

So what have managed to pinch?

who? moi?!
(tho the cute bird in the kitchen dept could do with "one".....)

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/02/2012 19:59, Nightjar wrote:
On 22/02/2012 17:29, Baz wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-17112492

Something wrong there somewhere.

For at least the last 5 years my local Wickes won't refund even own
label stuff without a receipt.

This was triggered by a spate of power tool thefts. The scroats would
take a trolley outside in to the garden stuff area, chuck the power
tools over the fence into the bushes & retrieve them under cover of
darkness.

Next day they returned to the store for a refund. Wickes twigged they
were refunding more power tools than they were selling.

The fences around the garden section of my local Wickes are about 6m
high, with inward facing razor wire overhangs. I wondered why they
needed fences like that.

Some of ours even have a net "roof"!

--
Cheers,

John.

Working with hands Don Foreman Metalworking 21 May 29th 09 03:04 PM
Idle Hands Upscale Woodworking Plans and Photos 0 February 7th 09 01:14 AM
Too much wood on his hands? Casper Woodworking Plans and Photos 1 May 20th 08 12:54 AM
Old Man's Hands Tom Watson Woodworking 40 June 24th 07 12:21 AM
EasyCoper - hands on TomL Woodworking 1 August 10th 05 02:56 AM