TomL

Default EasyCoper - hands on

After reading recent discussions concerning crown molding installation
techniques I found myself leaning towards majority opinion that coping
was the way to go. I researched the coping technique on the €˜net and
browsed some books at the local library. My first attempts at cope
cuts using these resources and a coping saw were not very good. Since
the bathroom crown molding was to be installed this past weekend I
needed to get my skills improved quickly. I decided to try the
EasyCoper. I left voicemail for Haley Burch at easycoper.com late
Wednesday afternoon and received a return call shortly after. He was
accommodating and friendly. I asked for the EasyCoper to be shipped on
Thursday via Next Day freight so I could have it by Friday for the
weekend project. He emailed me Thursday to let me know my unit was
shipped that day via USPS and the shipping cost to me was what USPS
charged. I received the EasyCoper on Friday. The packing was
sufficient and I found no shipping damage. Two sets of instructions
were included with the jigs. The jigs themselves came in two pieces,
one for left cope and the other for right cope. Instructions were
relatively clear but the accompanying photos could have been better.
The jigs are made of some sort of plastic, which I suppose for a
weekend warrior should be plenty sturdy. In use, the jigs were a bit
€˜flexy. After a few test runs using the Bosch jigsaw blades which can
be purchased from the EasyCoper website at a reasonable cost, I felt
confident that I was ready to tackle the real thing. I was more than
pleased with the results. The EasyCoper is as advertised and can be of
great assistance to anyone who, like myself, cant seem to get the
hang of the coping saw. Id give the EasyCoper a 9 out of 10 stars.
Had the jig been made of less flexible material (aluminum?) and the
photos included with the instructions been clearer and larger I would
rate a full 10 out of 10. Demonstration videos on the EasyCoper
website proved to be a valuable resource.

TomL