Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default Hands Up. Which one of you is this??

On 22/02/2012 17:29, Baz wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-17112492

Something wrong there somewhere.

For at least the last 5 years my local Wickes won't refund even own
label stuff without a receipt.

This was triggered by a spate of power tool thefts. The scroats would
take a trolley outside in to the garden stuff area, chuck the power
tools over the fence into the bushes & retrieve them under cover of
darkness.

Next day they returned to the store for a refund. Wickes twigged they
were refunding more power tools than they were selling.

The fences around the garden section of my local Wickes are about 6m
high, with inward facing razor wire overhangs. I wondered why they
needed fences like that.

Colin Bignell