Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

Default Hazard Perception Test???

Anyone got any advice on how to pass the hazard perception part of the
driving test? My son uses the official CD for practice, but has failed
the test again. This time the bloke at the test centre said my son
should write to complain as he could see no problem with his test. Last
time he failed, I don't think he got any points.

There is clearly something different between the official CD and the
test, as he does fine in practice. I think he may be clicking too
quickly (although being a twit might be a contributing factor).
Nevertheless, people are obviously passing this thing, and he isn't.
Any pointers would be gratefully received!!

Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

On 03/02/2012 18:14, Mr. Benn wrote:
Anyone got any advice on how to pass the hazard perception part of the
driving test? My son uses the official CD for practice, but has failed
the test again. This time the bloke at the test centre said my son
should write to complain as he could see no problem with his test. Last
time he failed, I don't think he got any points.

There is clearly something different between the official CD and the
test, as he does fine in practice. I think he may be clicking too
quickly (although being a twit might be a contributing factor).
Nevertheless, people are obviously passing this thing, and he isn't.
Any pointers would be gratefully received!!

I fail on the CD practice one as well for clicking too often.
Approaching parked cars - click - potential idiot opening door
kids walking on the pavement - click - no end of possibilities there
oncoming car - click
car parked on other side of road - click - might decide to pull away not
looking
approaching side-road - click
car pulling out and not stopping at the line - click - ah THAT's the one
they wanted us to get.

I'd probably fail the test too

Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

On 03/02/2012 18:46, Martin wrote:
[...]

They're looking for an "emerging hazard" - the child walking along the
pavement is not one, a ball bouncing into the road is; a parked car
isn't, a car approaching a junction too fast is; etc. Clicking for the
wrong circumstances or clicking too early or late for the right ones
counts against you.

I did this a while ago and passed no problem. I was worried that I'd
find it difficult as I was already an experienced driver and found it a
little difficult to leave it late enough to click. The reason I was
taking it at all was that I was training to become a driving instructor
during a downturn in Engineering. I never took it up though.

SteveW
Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

On 04/02/2012 00:59, Steve Walker wrote:
[...]

On my real driving test (the only one I ever took), a child ran out of a
sweetshop door in North London (near Wood Green test centre), straight onto a
zebra crossing and across the road in front of me. The examiner hit his head
on the windscreen when I stopped quickly (he was sitting sort of sideways to
watch me, and the car didn't have seat belts - most still didn't).

The windscreen was none the worse for its nasty experience and I passed my
one and only test, about eight weeks (and about nine lessons) after getting a
provisional licence.
Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 04 Feb 2012 12:24:32 +0000, JNugent
wrote:

On my real driving test (the only one I ever took), a child ran out of a
sweetshop door in North London (near Wood Green test centre), straight onto a
zebra crossing and across the road in front of me. The examiner hit his head
on the windscreen when I stopped quickly (he was sitting sort of sideways to
watch me, and the car didn't have seat belts - most still didn't).

Hehe. My examiner clonked his nut during my emergency stop.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

On 04/02/2012 12:24, JNugent wrote:

On my real driving test (the only one I ever took), a child ran out of a
sweetshop door in North London (near Wood Green test centre), straight
onto a zebra crossing and across the road in front of me. The examiner
hit his head on the windscreen when I stopped quickly (he was sitting
sort of sideways to watch me, and the car didn't have seat belts - most
still didn't).

The windscreen was none the worse for its nasty experience and I passed
my one and only test, about eight weeks (and about nine lessons) after
getting a provisional licence.

Did you subsequently have to do the emergency stop part of the test, or
did the examiner decide that was enough?
Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

On 04/02/2012 19:06, Mark O'Knee wrote:

On 04/02/2012 12:24, JNugent wrote:

On my real driving test (the only one I ever took), a child ran out of a
sweetshop door in North London (near Wood Green test centre), straight
onto a zebra crossing and across the road in front of me. The examiner
hit his head on the windscreen when I stopped quickly (he was sitting
sort of sideways to watch me, and the car didn't have seat belts - most
still didn't).

The windscreen was none the worse for its nasty experience and I passed
my one and only test, about eight weeks (and about nine lessons) after
getting a provisional licence.

Did you subsequently have to do the emergency stop part of the test, or did
the examiner decide that was enough?

I'd already done the "Stop as quickly as you can after I lower the clipboard"
part.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

JNugent wrote:
[...]

Nowadays the car must have head rests or the examiner won't go in it.
Probably won't be long before they require a passenger airbag too.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

On 03/02/2012 18:14, Mr. Benn wrote:
Anyone got any advice on how to pass the hazard perception part of the
driving test? My son uses the official CD for practice, but has failed
the test again. This time the bloke at the test centre said my son
should write to complain as he could see no problem with his test. Last
time he failed, I don't think he got any points.

There is clearly something different between the official CD and the
test, as he does fine in practice. I think he may be clicking too
quickly (although being a twit might be a contributing factor).
Nevertheless, people are obviously passing this thing, and he isn't.
Any pointers would be gratefully received!!

Will be watching this thread, I need to do my theory test soon!

--
David

Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y
aaa aaa is offline

Mr. Benn wrote:

Anyone got any advice on how to pass the hazard perception part of the
driving test? My son uses the official CD for practice, but has failed
the test again. This time the bloke at the test centre said my son
should write to complain as he could see no problem with his test.
Last time he failed, I don't think he got any points.

There is clearly something different between the official CD and the
test, as he does fine in practice. I think he may be clicking too
quickly (although being a twit might be a contributing factor).
Nevertheless, people are obviously passing this thing, and he isn't.
Any pointers would be gratefully received!!

I have heard that people who play online computer games tend to fail,
because they click too early. They have to deliberately slow their
reactions.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 03 Feb 2012 19:46:57 GMT, "aaa" wrote:

Mr. Benn wrote:

Anyone got any advice on how to pass the hazard perception part of the
driving test? My son uses the official CD for practice, but has failed
the test again. This time the bloke at the test centre said my son
should write to complain as he could see no problem with his test.
Last time he failed, I don't think he got any points.

There is clearly something different between the official CD and the
test, as he does fine in practice. I think he may be clicking too
quickly (although being a twit might be a contributing factor).
Nevertheless, people are obviously passing this thing, and he isn't.
Any pointers would be gratefully received!!

I have heard that people who play online computer games tend to fail,
because they click too early. They have to deliberately slow their
reactions.

Daughter (brought up on Doom, UT, Quake and is a nasty little sniper)
passed her bike and car theory / hazard tests first time but (from
what she can remember) said they did require a certain restraint and
specific timing / technique to be able to satisfy the test mechanism.

She thinks she also remembers the practice (Official) practice CD
being reasonably close to the live test but also seems to have erased
most of the details from her mind as none of it bore much relevance to
the real world (as already noted by Martin).

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

On 03/02/2012 18:14, Mr. Benn wrote:
Anyone got any advice on how to pass the hazard perception part of the
driving test? My son uses the official CD for practice, but has failed
the test again. This time the bloke at the test centre said my son
should write to complain as he could see no problem with his test. Last
time he failed, I don't think he got any points.

There is clearly something different between the official CD and the
test, as he does fine in practice. I think he may be clicking too
quickly (although being a twit might be a contributing factor).
Nevertheless, people are obviously passing this thing, and he isn't.
Any pointers would be gratefully received!!

Both my kids recently passed their theory tests first time with no
bother; but both struggled initially with the hazard test on the
practice CD. I think it was all about knowing when the system expects
you to 'click' - ie it's no use clicking as soon as you spot a toddler
waddling into the road 100 yards away, you have to delay, and then click
when its only 30 yards away (or whatever). Point was thought that once
they sussed the practice CD at home, the 'real' version in the test was
no different.

David
Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

"Lobster" wrote in message
news
[...]

I did mine in 2008 for the bike test. I've had a car license 30 years. I
used Driving Test Success
http://www.drivingtestsuccess.com/2012-product-range/

Failed miserably on the hazard perception at first but soon got the hang of
the clicking and got the real thing first time. Passed disc to my daughter
who passed first time.

Its excellent and only about £7 on eBay.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 3 Feb 2012 21:01:45 -0000, "Syd" wrote:

"Lobster" wrote in message
news
On 03/02/2012 18:14, Mr. Benn wrote:
Anyone got any advice on how to pass the hazard perception part of the
driving test? My son uses the official CD for practice, but has failed
the test again. This time the bloke at the test centre said my son
should write to complain as he could see no problem with his test. Last
time he failed, I don't think he got any points.

I did mine in 2008 for the bike test.

When I did my bike test, the "hazard perception test" just involved
not hitting the examiner when he jumped out in front of you.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

On 03/02/2012 22:19, Max Demian wrote:
On Fri, 3 Feb 2012 21:01:45 -0000, wrote:

wrote in message
news
On 03/02/2012 18:14, Mr. Benn wrote:
Anyone got any advice on how to pass the hazard perception part of the
driving test? My son uses the official CD for practice, but has failed
the test again. This time the bloke at the test centre said my son
should write to complain as he could see no problem with his test. Last
time he failed, I don't think he got any points.

I did mine in 2008 for the bike test.

When I did my bike test, the "hazard perception test" just involved
not hitting the examiner when he jumped out in front of you.

When I did mine (in 1966 on a 1949 BSA 250 side-valve) the examiner
allowed me about 100 yards for my emergency stop. From 90 yards away, I
could just about see him signalling to me that it was OK to proceed.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

On 03/02/2012 22:19, Max Demian wrote:
On Fri, 3 Feb 2012 21:01:45 -0000, wrote:

wrote in message
news
On 03/02/2012 18:14, Mr. Benn wrote:
Anyone got any advice on how to pass the hazard perception part of the
driving test? My son uses the official CD for practice, but has failed
the test again. This time the bloke at the test centre said my son
should write to complain as he could see no problem with his test. Last
time he failed, I don't think he got any points.

I did mine in 2008 for the bike test.

When I did my bike test, the "hazard perception test" just involved
not hitting the examiner when he jumped out in front of you.

Yeah, +1. ISTR he jumped out at me about 100 yards down the road (as
pre-warned), and I came to a standstill, still about 80 yards from him.
All very odd.

David

Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
news On 03/02/2012 18:14, Mr. Benn wrote:
Anyone got any advice on how to pass the hazard perception part of the
driving test? My son uses the official CD for practice, but has failed
the test again. This time the bloke at the test centre said my son
should write to complain as he could see no problem with his test.
Last
time he failed, I don't think he got any points.

I did mine in 2008 for the bike test.

When I did my bike test, the "hazard perception test" just involved
not hitting the examiner when he jumped out in front of you.

Yeah, +1. ISTR he jumped out at me about 100 yards down the road (as
pre-warned), and I came to a standstill, still about 80 yards from him.
All very odd.

David

A friend of mine has extremely acute peripheral vision and when doing
his car test he spotted the examiner moving his clipboard to tap on the
dash and he stopped fast - the examiner just missed a minor head injury!

SteveW
Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

news

wrote in message
news On 03/02/2012 18:14, Mr. Benn wrote:
Anyone got any advice on how to pass the hazard perception part of the
driving test? My son uses the official CD for practice, but has failed
the test again. This time the bloke at the test centre said my son
should write to complain as he could see no problem with his test.
Last
time he failed, I don't think he got any points.

I did mine in 2008 for the bike test.

When I did my bike test, the "hazard perception test" just involved
not hitting the examiner when he jumped out in front of you.

Yeah, +1. ISTR he jumped out at me about 100 yards down the road (as
pre-warned), and I came to a standstill, still about 80 yards from him.
All very odd.

He knew how bad motor cyclists are.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr. Benn" wrote:
Anyone got any advice on how to pass the hazard perception part of the
driving test? My son uses the official CD for practice, but has failed
the test again. This time the bloke at the test centre said my son
should write to complain as he could see no problem with his test. Last
time he failed, I don't think he got any points.

There is clearly something different between the official CD and the
test, as he does fine in practice. I think he may be clicking too
quickly (although being a twit might be a contributing factor).
Nevertheless, people are obviously passing this thing, and he isn't.
Any pointers would be gratefully received!!

The important thing is to click on *developing* hazards, not just anything
that could be a hazard.

Tim
Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

On 03/02/2012 18:14, Mr. Benn wrote:
Anyone got any advice on how to pass the hazard perception part of the
driving test? My son uses the official CD for practice, but has failed
the test again. This time the bloke at the test centre said my son
should write to complain as he could see no problem with his test. Last
time he failed, I don't think he got any points.

There is clearly something different between the official CD and the
test, as he does fine in practice. I think he may be clicking too
quickly (although being a twit might be a contributing factor).
Nevertheless, people are obviously passing this thing, and he isn't.
Any pointers would be gratefully received!!

Interesting discussion - for a change - but completely irrelevant to all
the newsgroups posted to. Do you have a problem identifying on-topic
groups, or are you jsut out to be accused of being a troll?

Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

On 04/02/2012 08:19, Mark O'Knee wrote:

[...]

Apparently, more than 83% of cyclists also have a driving licence and access
to a motor vehicle.

So it's hard to identify many NGs where his post (requesting information from
whippersnappers who have experience of this new-fangled "theory" test, WTMB)
would be more on topic.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

In article ,
JNugent wrote:
Apparently, more than 83% of cyclists also have a driving licence and
access to a motor vehicle.

Let's hope they have more regard for the Highway Code when driving a car.

--
*I yell because I care

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

On 04/02/2012 13:57, Phil W Lee wrote:
"Dave Plowman considered Sat, 04 Feb
2012 12:33:39 +0000 (GMT) the perfect time to write:

In ,
wrote:
Apparently, more than 83% of cyclists also have a driving licence and
access to a motor vehicle.

Let's hope they have more regard for the Highway Code when driving a car.

Why would they show any more regard than any other motorist?

Well, of course in reality they usually do, but I'm curious as to why
you think that may not be the case.

So let's unpick what you said, and get it straight...

You said (whether you knew you were saying it or not) that over 83% of
motorists have more regard for the Highway Code than "other motorists".

Is that what what you meant to say? 'Cos it's what you said.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Phil W Lee wrote:
Let's hope they have more regard for the Highway Code when driving a
car.

Why would they show any more regard than any other motorist?

Not asking them to. Just wondering why they think the basics of the
Highway code doesn't apply to cyclists.

Well, of course in reality they usually do, but I'm curious as to why
you think that may not be the case.

--
*INDECISION is the key to FLEXIBILITY *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 04 Feb 2012 14:35:12 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

Not asking them to. Just wondering why they think the basics of the
Highway code doesn't apply to cyclists.

Probably the same reason drivers don't think they apply to them.

Rules 124 and 125, for example...

Guy
--
Guy Chapman, http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
The usenet price promise: all opinions are guaranteed

Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

In article , Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Phil W Lee wrote:
Let's hope they have more regard for the Highway Code when driving a
car.

Why would they show any more regard than any other motorist?

Not asking them to. Just wondering why they think the basics of the
Highway code doesn't apply to cyclists.

Why do you think most motorists think the basics of the Highway code
don't apply to themselves? Probably the same for cyclists.

Followups set.
Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

On 04/02/2012 20:49, Phil W Lee wrote:

"Dave Plowman :
Phil W wrote:

Let's hope they have more regard for the Highway Code when driving a
car.

Why would they show any more regard than any other motorist?

Not asking them to. Just wondering why they think the basics of the
Highway code doesn't apply to cyclists.

Yes you are - most motorists break the law, never mind the highway
code, almost every time they drive.
Cyclists are, by comparison, very law abiding.

Bzzzt!

Logic breach!

If 83% of "motorists" [I hate that word] are cyclists, and if 83% of cyclists
are "motorists" and if "most motorists" break the law, most of them must be
cyclists.

You can't get out of that no matter how violently you wriggle (but you're
just the one to try).

Well, of course in reality they usually do, but I'm curious as to why
you think that may not be the case.

See whether *you* can work out where your "logic" went so wrong.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

In article , JNugent wrote:
On 04/02/2012 08:19, Mark O'Knee wrote:
On 03/02/2012 18:14, Mr. Benn wrote:

Anyone got any advice on how to pass the hazard perception part of the
driving test? [...]

Interesting discussion - for a change - but completely irrelevant to all the
newsgroups posted to. Do you have a problem identifying on-topic groups, or
are you jsut out to be accused of being a troll?

Mr. Benn has been complaining he's been the victim of forgeries.
Could be someone else out to get him accused of being a troll.

Apparently, more than 83% of cyclists also have a driving licence and access
to a motor vehicle.

So it's hard to identify many NGs where his post (requesting information from
whippersnappers who have experience of this new-fangled "theory" test, WTMB)
would be more on topic.

And your excuse for including uk.d-i-y?

Followups set.
Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

On 04/02/2012 08:19, Mark O'Knee wrote:
On 03/02/2012 18:14, Mr. Benn wrote:
Anyone got any advice on how to pass the hazard perception part of the
driving test? My son uses the official CD for practice, but has failed
the test again. This time the bloke at the test centre said my son
should write to complain as he could see no problem with his test. Last
time he failed, I don't think he got any points.

There is clearly something different between the official CD and the
test, as he does fine in practice. I think he may be clicking too
quickly (although being a twit might be a contributing factor).
Nevertheless, people are obviously passing this thing, and he isn't.
Any pointers would be gratefully received!!

Interesting discussion - for a change - but completely irrelevant to all
the newsgroups posted to.

I'm not sure what, if anything, would be considered irrelevant by the
regulars on uk.d-i-y. It is a very eclectic group.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Nightjar wrote:

Interesting discussion - for a change - but completely irrelevant to all
the newsgroups posted to.

I'm not sure what, if anything, would be considered irrelevant by the
regulars on uk.d-i-y. It is a very eclectic group.

Indeed. Sometimes we even discuss DIY

Darren

Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

D.M.Chapman wrote:
In article ,
Nightjar wrote:

Interesting discussion - for a change - but completely irrelevant to all
the newsgroups posted to.

I'm not sure what, if anything, would be considered irrelevant by the
regulars on uk.d-i-y. It is a very eclectic group.

Indeed. Sometimes we even discuss DIY

Darren

they key is that it has to be about how YoU can make something
different, not about how you can get someone else to do it on your behalf.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 4 Feb 2012 18:56:33 +0000 (UTC), dmc@puffin. (D.M.Chapman) wrote:

In article ,
Nightjar wrote:

Interesting discussion - for a change - but completely irrelevant to all
the newsgroups posted to.

I'm not sure what, if anything, would be considered irrelevant by the
regulars on uk.d-i-y. It is a very eclectic group.

Indeed. Sometimes we even discuss DIY

Darren

You're not related to Porky Chapman, are you?

--
Porky Chapman bragged about the fact that he was taking someone he
had accused of harassing him through the court system.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 04 Feb 2012 23:13:36 +0000, Judith wrote:

Porky

While polychaete marine worms on or near the sea floor are a major source
of nutrition, hagfish can feed upon and often even enter and eviscerate
the bodies of dead and dying/injured sea creatures much larger than
themselves.

--

snip

--
An oft-repeated lie is still a lie.
Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

On 03/02/2012 18:14, Mr. Benn wrote:
Anyone got any advice on how to pass the hazard perception part of the
driving test? My son uses the official CD for practice, but has failed
the test again. This time the bloke at the test centre said my son
should write to complain as he could see no problem with his test. Last
time he failed, I don't think he got any points.

There is clearly something different between the official CD and the
test, as he does fine in practice. I think he may be clicking too
quickly (although being a twit might be a contributing factor).
Nevertheless, people are obviously passing this thing, and he isn't.
Any pointers would be gratefully received!!

Many years ago, when God was a boy, my sales manager was an ex police
pursuit driver. When we went out to see major accounts, I drove & he
taught me the police commentary driving method.

In answer to the question "how far ahead should you be looking" he used
to "as far as you can see".

When my daughters learned to drive I tried the hazard perception CD &
failed miserably many times.

What I regarded as a potential hazard was regarded as over clicking.

You only need to click the glaringly obvious hazards IME.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 04 Feb 2012 13:48:10 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

[...]

That's the thing, I think - the name's a bit misleading, and maybe
"hazard avoidance" would be more accurate; from what I've read here, it
sounds like they expect you to just click on immediate dangers, rather
than "stuff in the distance that I need to keep my eye on in case it
develops into something serious" (the latter being what I'd term as
perception).

Maybe it's a good thing in a way because it's encouraging people not to
slam on the anchors at every little thing that might possibly become a
danger.

I took the UK road test sometime around 1997 (after relying on trains for
years) - IIRC there was a "written" (I think it was multiple-choice)
theory test, but no computer-based test then; I think that came in a year
or two later.

I took a US test last year too (although I'd been driving here on my UK
licence for a few years) and that was incredibly easy in comparison; I'm
in a rural location so saw all of about ten vehicles, the roads are
really wide with good visibility etc. and you use your own vehicle here.
No emergency stop or three point turn to worry about, either (just
parallel park, reversing into a spot, and hill park/start). I think my
test was the first time I'd actually parallel-parked a vehicle in over a
decade.

cheers

Jules

Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

On 04/02/2012 15:15, Terry Fields wrote:

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Many years ago, when God was a boy, my sales manager was an ex police
pursuit driver. When we went out to see major accounts, I drove& he
taught me the police commentary driving method.

In answer to the question "how far ahead should you be looking" he used
to "as far as you can see".

When my daughters learned to drive I tried the hazard perception CD&
failed miserably many times.

What I regarded as a potential hazard was regarded as over clicking.

You only need to click the glaringly obvious hazards IME.

As a biker I'd have to say that IMHO if one waits until a potential
hazard becomes an emerging hazard, one's motorcycle career is likely
to be shorter than longer.

I thinks that's also why the police have that view - chasing a scrote in
a stolen Astra at 100mph means you have to look ahead & anticipate.

Always makes me laugh on that Police Interceptors show on telly.
Untrained scrote is Astra trys to out run highly trained police driver
in a Mitsubishi Evo or Subaru Impreza.

Not going to work is it?

Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

[...]

except that the 'scrote' will take risks that police daren't. Someone
crossing the raod will slow the police bu not the scrote, for instance.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.16

Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

[...]

I get depressed at how bad the police are at actually stopping someone that
doesn't agree to. If they were trying to stop a banger driver they would
lose a large number of cars and he would get away, they seem to almost
deliberately position their cars so that someone can get round them for
instance. There was one I watched where they tried to stop an Insignia VXR,
the guy outdrove them for about an hour before solid traffic stopped him.

Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

[...]

I reckon they should fit police cars with a giant harpoon. They could
fire it into the back of the scrotemobile & safely bring it to a halt.

University
Posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling,uk.d-i-y

Mrcheerful wrote:

I get depressed