Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Clear / translucent h/d rubble sacks from where please?

Hi all,

I'm looking to pick up a wodge of clear / translucent h/d rubble sacks
and whilst I know I can get them on the net, I'd rather just pop out
and get them from one of the sheds if possible (now and if / when I
need any more). Nth London / Herts if it helps.

I have bought them previously from such (B&Q possibly) but haven't
seen any physically nor in their on-line stores (although I could have
missed them etc).

So, anyone seen any in any of the national chains (or local shop in
the above area) and if so where please?

Cheers, T i m

p.s. I emailed a localish poly bag supplier I found via Yell but no
reply as yet.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/02/2012 11:47, T i m wrote:
Hi all,

I'm looking to pick up a wodge of clear / translucent h/d rubble sacks
and whilst I know I can get them on the net, I'd rather just pop out
and get them from one of the sheds if possible (now and if / when I
need any more). Nth London / Herts if it helps.

I have bought them previously from such (B&Q possibly) but haven't
seen any physically nor in their on-line stores (although I could have
missed them etc).

So, anyone seen any in any of the national chains (or local shop in
the above area) and if so where please?

Cheers, T i m

p.s. I emailed a localish poly bag supplier I found via Yell but no
reply as yet.

Got a local small brewery? I get their old malt sacks (but the brewer is
a mate of mine). Also good for 20 litre water containers for use with
the horses: this is how the sterilising fluid comes, and it costs him to
dispose of them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 18:58:29 +0000, Newshound
wrote:

On 01/02/2012 11:47, T i m wrote:
Hi all,

I'm looking to pick up a wodge of clear / translucent h/d rubble sacks
and whilst I know I can get them on the net, I'd rather just pop out
and get them from one of the sheds if possible (now and if / when I
need any more). Nth London / Herts if it helps.

I have bought them previously from such (B&Q possibly) but haven't
seen any physically nor in their on-line stores (although I could have
missed them etc).

So, anyone seen any in any of the national chains (or local shop in
the above area) and if so where please?

Cheers, T i m

p.s. I emailed a localish poly bag supplier I found via Yell but no
reply as yet.

Got a local small brewery?

Erm, possibly (there used to be one in Hertford and I often smell
something 'hoppy' on the A414 to Harlow) ;-)

I get their old malt sacks (but the brewer is
a mate of mine).

Googles Ah, are these a woven type material (like a fine
poly-tarp?). If they are I just bought 5 x of that type from Wickes .

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tikaro/3785356936/

A wodge of those would be handy for sure but if they are all like that
I was hoping for something more see-through.

Also good for 20 litre water containers for use with
the horses: this is how the sterilising fluid comes, and it costs him to
dispose of them.

Cool. It's good when you can 'take stuff off people hands' like that.
Win-win etc.

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 01/02/2012 11:47, T i m wrote:
[...]

No, these ones (from Tuckers) are just very thick polythene and fine for
containing rubble though not see through. Sharp things will puncture
them, but the cuts don't tear readily. I have some of the woven
polypropylene type too because one type of horse bedding (Megazorb,
pelletised water paper I think) comes in them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 02 Feb 2012 21:19:19 +0000, Newshound
wrote:

Googles Ah, are these a woven type material (like a fine
poly-tarp?). If they are I just bought 5 x of that type from Wickes .

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tikaro/3785356936/

No, these ones (from Tuckers) are just very thick polythene and fine for
containing rubble though not see through.

Ah, ok.

Sharp things will puncture
them, but the cuts don't tear readily.

Yeah, I broke up a small concrete slab yesterday and it's currently
sitting in a heap of ~20 h/d poly rubble sacks. A couple of tricks are
to break all the lumps down into smaller bits and put some smaller
stuff in the bag first. We had to double bag a few and some of these
bags were on the 3rd or 4th load.

(Anyone in Nth London / Herts want about 4sq m worth of clean
hardcore)?

I have some of the woven
polypropylene type too because one type of horse bedding (Megazorb,
pelletised water paper I think) comes in them.

Handy. These things aren't cheap and it's great if you can pick up
some that would be otherwise dumped.

Cheers, T i m

rubble sacks Tom UK diy 7 May 15th 09 07:40 PM
How to achieve sidewalk color with Basalite brand 80# sacks of concretemix? Major Debacle Home Repair 3 April 22nd 09 03:51 PM
OT. Rubble Sacks The Medway Handyman UK diy 18 January 10th 08 06:38 PM
Translucent black stain revisited J. Clarke Woodworking 8 December 28th 06 03:15 PM
Translucent Black staining technique Stephen Jones Woodworking 29 December 18th 06 02:16 PM