Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tom Tom is offline

Default rubble sacks

I need to "acquire" around 200 rubble sacks to move old plaster, old
brickwork and general garden waste from a renovation project i am doing on
my house. Our local builders merchant wants 50p each and fleabay is not
much better. Any one know of other sources as i cannot believe this cost? I
am in the north west near Chester if that helps. Do bag manufacturers sell
miss prints etc, if so any pointers?

Thanks,
Tom

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Tom
wrote
I need to "acquire" around 200 rubble sacks to move old plaster, old
brickwork and general garden waste from a renovation project i am doing on
my house. Our local builders merchant wants 50p each and fleabay is not
much better. Any one know of other sources as i cannot believe this cost? I
am in the north west near Chester if that helps. Do bag manufacturers sell
miss prints etc, if so any pointers?

Thanks,
Tom

http://www.toolstation.com
£2.41 for 10 sacks
order code 94915

http://www.screwfix.co.uk
£7 for 20 sacks

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 3 May 2009 20:52:17 +0100, Tom wrote:

I need to "acquire" around 200 rubble sacks to move old plaster, old
brickwork and general garden waste from a renovation project i am doing
on my house.

Do you really need that many? Would have thought a dozen or so to
transport the trash to the dump, emptied and reused for the next trip
would be enough.

Source, see if a livestock farmer has any old feed bags they no longer
want.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tom" wrote in message
I need to "acquire" around 200 rubble sacks to move old plaster, old
brickwork and general garden waste from a renovation project i am doing on
my house. Our local builders merchant wants 50p each and fleabay is not
much better. Any one know of other sources as i cannot believe this cost?
I am in the north west near Chester if that helps. Do bag manufacturers
sell miss prints etc, if so any pointers?

Thanks,
Tom

You need a trailer and a shovel.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tom wrote:
I need to "acquire" around 200 rubble sacks to move old plaster, old
brickwork and general garden waste from a renovation project i am doing on
my house. Our local builders merchant wants 50p each and fleabay is not
much better. Any one know of other sources as i cannot believe this cost? I
am in the north west near Chester if that helps. Do bag manufacturers sell
miss prints etc, if so any pointers?

Hippo bag - and get it done in one?

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Owain" wrote in message
Tom wrote:
I need to "acquire" around 200 rubble sacks to move old plaster, old
brickwork and general garden waste from a renovation project i am doing
on my house. Our local builders merchant wants 50p each and fleabay is
not much better. Any one know of other sources as i cannot believe this
cost? I am in the north west near Chester if that helps.

£17.66 + VAT&carriage per 100
http://www.allpack.co.uk/bin_bags.htm#Aggregate Sacks

Owain

While travelling around keep a look out for any building work going on.
Then you can ask nicely if they have any ballast bags they don't want. I
got about 15, I could have more but I did n't have any more space

Robbie

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tom wrote:
I need to "acquire" around 200 rubble sacks to move old plaster, old
brickwork and general garden waste from a renovation project i am doing on
my house. Our local builders merchant wants 50p each and fleabay is not
much better. Any one know of other sources as i cannot believe this cost? I
am in the north west near Chester if that helps. Do bag manufacturers sell
miss prints etc, if so any pointers?

Well, eg Toolstation are half that price.
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Hand...0/sd260/p94915

Or 20p at Aldi (if they still have any in stock):
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/2867_9153.htm

Why do you need so many, incidentally? I've done full renovations using
rubble sacks as my prime method of shifting tons of stuff, and have
never needed that number at once (ie they can be recycled). How (and
how often) are you transferring rubbish from the site to the dump?

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lobster wrote:
Tom wrote:
I need to "acquire" around 200 rubble sacks to move old plaster, old
brickwork and general garden waste from a renovation project i am
doing on my house. Our local builders merchant wants 50p each and
fleabay is not much better. Any one know of other sources as i cannot
believe this cost? I am in the north west near Chester if that helps.
Do bag manufacturers sell miss prints etc, if so any pointers?

Well, eg Toolstation are half that price.
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Hand...0/sd260/p94915

Or 20p at Aldi (if they still have any in stock):
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/2867_9153.htm

If the OP is still interested, today's Aldi-mail reports these being in
stock again on Sunday (15p each):

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...09-05-15-12-13

David