Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default rubble sacks

Tom wrote:
I need to "acquire" around 200 rubble sacks to move old plaster, old
brickwork and general garden waste from a renovation project i am doing on
my house. Our local builders merchant wants 50p each and fleabay is not
much better. Any one know of other sources as i cannot believe this cost? I
am in the north west near Chester if that helps. Do bag manufacturers sell
miss prints etc, if so any pointers?

Well, eg Toolstation are half that price.
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Hand...0/sd260/p94915

Or 20p at Aldi (if they still have any in stock):
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/2867_9153.htm

Why do you need so many, incidentally? I've done full renovations using
rubble sacks as my prime method of shifting tons of stuff, and have
never needed that number at once (ie they can be recycled). How (and
how often) are you transferring rubbish from the site to the dump?

David