Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT recording Web TV on PC as a VCR would

OK, I hate Murdoch, so I get sport on the PC from things like
Eurosport and Tennis TV, works well. One thing I cannot do is record
things like the OZ open in middle of night. I need something to record
whats on the PC screen for a timed period, like using a VCR. Any
ideas?
--
Mike... . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 12:07:34 +0000, Mike.. . . .
wrote:

OK, I hate Murdoch, so I get sport on the PC from things like
Eurosport and Tennis TV, works well. One thing I cannot do is record
things like the OZ open in middle of night. I need something to record
whats on the PC screen for a timed period, like using a VCR. Any
ideas?

Depends what format it's delivered in but there are various stream
capture programs - I'd suspect some of them have paid-for versions
that would allow automation.
If you're using FireFox, have a gander on the add-ons site for them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/01/2012 08:35, Bob Minchin wrote:
Phil Addison wrote:

wrote:

OK, I hate Murdoch, so I get sport on the PC from things like
Eurosport and Tennis TV, works well. One thing I cannot do is record
things like the OZ open in middle of night. I need something to record
whats on the PC screen for a timed period, like using a VCR. Any
ideas?

Depends what format it's delivered in but there are various stream
capture programs - I'd suspect some of them have paid-for versions
that would allow automation.
If you're using FireFox, have a gander on the add-ons site for them.

Download Manager for Firefox works quite well - bit clunky but OK.

http://www.totalrecorder.com/

Do any of these programs get round the time expiry of Iplayer downloads?

Bob

I tried to beat IPlayer recently using various bits of software. Nothing
worked well enough to be viable long term. Easier to download a torrent
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 08:35:33 +0000, Bob Minchin wrote:

Do any of these programs get round the time expiry of Iplayer downloads?

get_iplayer?

--
John Stumbles