DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT recording Web TV on PC as a VCR would (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/334595-ot-recording-web-tv-pc-vcr-would.html)

Mike.. . . . January 20th 12 12:07 PM

OT recording Web TV on PC as a VCR would

OK, I hate Murdoch, so I get sport on the PC from things like
Eurosport and Tennis TV, works well. One thing I cannot do is record
things like the OZ open in middle of night. I need something to record
whats on the PC screen for a timed period, like using a VCR. Any
ideas?
--
Mike... . . . .

[email protected] January 21st 12 02:46 PM

OT recording Web TV on PC as a VCR would

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 12:07:34 +0000, Mike.. . . .
wrote:

OK, I hate Murdoch, so I get sport on the PC from things like
Eurosport and Tennis TV, works well. One thing I cannot do is record
things like the OZ open in middle of night. I need something to record
whats on the PC screen for a timed period, like using a VCR. Any
ideas?

Depends what format it's delivered in but there are various stream
capture programs - I'd suspect some of them have paid-for versions
that would allow automation.
If you're using FireFox, have a gander on the add-ons site for them.

Newshound January 21st 12 03:21 PM

wrote:

OK, I hate Murdoch, so I get sport on the PC from things like
Eurosport and Tennis TV, works well. One thing I cannot do is record
things like the OZ open in middle of night. I need something to record
whats on the PC screen for a timed period, like using a VCR. Any
ideas?

Depends what format it's delivered in but there are various stream
capture programs - I'd suspect some of them have paid-for versions
that would allow automation.
If you're using FireFox, have a gander on the add-ons site for them.

Don't know of any "timed" stuff, but Applian records "play it again"
very well.

PeterC January 21st 12 05:05 PM

wrote:

OK, I hate Murdoch, so I get sport on the PC from things like
Eurosport and Tennis TV, works well. One thing I cannot do is record
things like the OZ open in middle of night. I need something to record
whats on the PC screen for a timed period, like using a VCR. Any
ideas?

Depends what format it's delivered in but there are various stream
capture programs - I'd suspect some of them have paid-for versions
that would allow automation.
If you're using FireFox, have a gander on the add-ons site for them.

Download Manager for Firefox works quite well - bit clunky but OK.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Phil Addison January 21st 12 11:39 PM

OT recording Web TV on PC as a VCR would

http://www.totalrecorder.com/

Bob Minchin[_4_] January 22nd 12 08:35 AM

wrote:

OK, I hate Murdoch, so I get sport on the PC from things like
Eurosport and Tennis TV, works well. One thing I cannot do is record
things like the OZ open in middle of night. I need something to record
whats on the PC screen for a timed period, like using a VCR. Any
ideas?

Depends what format it's delivered in but there are various stream
capture programs - I'd suspect some of them have paid-for versions
that would allow automation.
If you're using FireFox, have a gander on the add-ons site for them.

Download Manager for Firefox works quite well - bit clunky but OK.

http://www.totalrecorder.com/

Do any of these programs get round the time expiry of Iplayer downloads?

Bob

Stuart Noble January 22nd 12 10:07 AM

wrote:

OK, I hate Murdoch, so I get sport on the PC from things like
Eurosport and Tennis TV, works well. One thing I cannot do is record
things like the OZ open in middle of night. I need something to record
whats on the PC screen for a timed period, like using a VCR. Any
ideas?

Depends what format it's delivered in but there are various stream
capture programs - I'd suspect some of them have paid-for versions
that would allow automation.
If you're using FireFox, have a gander on the add-ons site for them.

Download Manager for Firefox works quite well - bit clunky but OK.

http://www.totalrecorder.com/

Do any of these programs get round the time expiry of Iplayer downloads?

Bob

I tried to beat IPlayer recently using various bits of software. Nothing
worked well enough to be viable long term. Easier to download a torrent

John Stumbles January 23rd 12 12:51 AM

On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 08:35:33 +0000, Bob Minchin wrote:

Do any of these programs get round the time expiry of Iplayer downloads?

get_iplayer?

--
John Stumbles