Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default enamel coating on Le Crueset pot- repair?

Dear all, as per subject line, does anyone know whether it's possible
to repair one of these pots when the glaze on the inside base has
become matt and porous? I can get the thing clean with bleach, but the
next time something is cooked in it, it stains again.
Can the enamel glaze be bought at a hobby shop and is it practical to
fire it at home?
Cheers. Jim.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16 Jan, 17:41, Jim Walsh wrote:
Dear all, as per subject line, does anyone know whether it's possible
to repair one of these pots when the glaze on the inside base has
become matt and porous? I can get the thing clean with bleach, but the
next time something is cooked in it, it stains again.
Can the enamel glaze be bought at a hobby shop and is it practical to
fire it at home?
Cheers. Jim.

You shouldn't have to as they have a kifetime guarantee from the
manufacturer.

John
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim Walsh wrote:
Dear all, as per subject line, does anyone know whether it's possible
to repair one of these pots when the glaze on the inside base has
become matt and porous? I can get the thing clean with bleach, but the
next time something is cooked in it, it stains again.
Can the enamel glaze be bought at a hobby shop and is it practical to
fire it at home?
Cheers. Jim.

I've never found anything to fix it.

Re-stoving might work. If you can find a kiln.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

JohnW wrote:
On 16 Jan, 17:41, Jim Walsh wrote:
Dear all, as per subject line, does anyone know whether it's possible
to repair one of these pots when the glaze on the inside base has
become matt and porous? I can get the thing clean with bleach, but the
next time something is cooked in it, it stains again.
Can the enamel glaze be bought at a hobby shop and is it practical to
fire it at home?
Cheers. Jim.

You shouldn't have to as they have a kifetime guarantee from the
manufacturer.

I have found the effective life is about ten years.

"Here, my pots buggered: wot abaht this lifetime guarantee"

"Well Monsieur, it's reached the end of its life!"

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 16, 5:41*pm, Jim Walsh wrote:
Dear all, as per subject line, does anyone know whether it's possible
to repair one of these pots when the glaze on the inside base has
become matt and porous? I can get the thing clean with bleach, but the
next time something is cooked in it, it stains again.
Can the enamel glaze be bought at a hobby shop and is it practical to
fire it at home?
Cheers. Jim.

The enamel is in fact glass melted on at very high temperature.
Our enamelled pans have gone the same way. Dunno any way of fixing it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
harry writes:
On Jan 16, 5:41*pm, Jim Walsh wrote:
Dear all, as per subject line, does anyone know whether it's possible
to repair one of these pots when the glaze on the inside base has
become matt and porous? I can get the thing clean with bleach, but the
next time something is cooked in it, it stains again.
Can the enamel glaze be bought at a hobby shop and is it practical to
fire it at home?
Cheers. Jim.

The enamel is in fact glass melted on at very high temperature.
Our enamelled pans have gone the same way. Dunno any way of fixing it.

My parents have lots of it too, and theirs has all failed
the same way.

They also have a couple of very much older enameled saucepans
which were bought to warm my baby milk in. They're a different
make (probably English), and still in perfect condition, even
though used much more over time.

Never liked enameled cast iron saucepans myself anyway. Cast
iron and glass both seem to me to have completely the wrong
properties for saucepans.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 17, 9:47*am, (Andrew Gabriel)
wrote:
In article ,
* * * * harry writes:

On Jan 16, 5:41*pm, Jim Walsh wrote:
Dear all, as per subject line, does anyone know whether it's possible
to repair one of these pots when the glaze on the inside base has
become matt and porous? I can get the thing clean with bleach, but the
next time something is cooked in it, it stains again.
Can the enamel glaze be bought at a hobby shop and is it practical to
fire it at home?
Cheers. Jim.

The enamel is in fact glass melted on at very high temperature.
Our *enamelled pans have gone the same way. Dunno any way of fixing it.

Paint-on repair coating for an old tarp fp Home Repair 1 June 28th 11 02:43 AM
Any product effective for washing machine tank enamel repair? muzician21 Home Repair 5 April 20th 10 07:05 AM
Any product effective for washing machine tank enamel repair? muzician21 Home Ownership 5 April 20th 10 07:05 AM
enamel bathtub repair gA Home Repair 8 July 9th 08 06:32 PM
OT - Epoxy floor coating (or industrial enamel) TT Metalworking 3 March 17th 05 12:43 AM