Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default enamel coating on Le Crueset pot- repair?

On Jan 16, 5:41*pm, Jim Walsh wrote:
Dear all, as per subject line, does anyone know whether it's possible
to repair one of these pots when the glaze on the inside base has
become matt and porous? I can get the thing clean with bleach, but the
next time something is cooked in it, it stains again.
Can the enamel glaze be bought at a hobby shop and is it practical to
fire it at home?
Cheers. Jim.

The enamel is in fact glass melted on at very high temperature.
Our enamelled pans have gone the same way. Dunno any way of fixing it.