Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default Any product effective for washing machine tank enamel repair?

Is there anything for doing spot ding repairs on the enamel on a
washing machine tank that will hold up?

Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"muzician21" wrote in message
Is there anything for doing spot ding repairs on the enamel on a
washing machine tank that will hold up?

Thanks

Tank? I've never seen a tank on a washing machine. Do you mean the inside
basket? If it is porcelain, nothing can truly repair it, but there are some
epoxy paints that are fairly decent. You'll get a couple of years out of
them.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

"muzician21" wrote in message
Is there anything for doing spot ding repairs on the enamel on a
washing machine tank that will hold up?

Thanks

I used JB Weld in our dishwasher to cover a chip. Still OK after 3 years. DW
used every day. Color don't match but who cares. WW

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

On Apr 19, 5:45*am, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"muzician21" wrote in message

Is there anything for doing spot ding repairs on the enamel on a
washing machine tank that will hold up?

Thanks

Tank? *I've never seen a tank on a washing machine. *Do you mean the inside
basket? *

Dunno, I've seen it referred to as the inner tank.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

On Apr 19, 9:49*am, "WW" wrote:

I used JB Weld in our dishwasher to cover a chip. Still OK after 3 years. DW
used every day. Color don't match but who cares. WW

I'm surprised since my experience with JB is that it doesn't hold up
to immersion in water.