DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Any product effective for washing machine tank enamel repair? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/301671-any-product-effective-washing-machine-tank-enamel-repair.html)

muzician21 April 19th 10 10:29 AM

Any product effective for washing machine tank enamel repair?

Is there anything for doing spot ding repairs on the enamel on a
washing machine tank that will hold up?

Thanks

Ed Pawlowski[_2_] April 19th 10 10:45 AM

"muzician21" wrote in message
Is there anything for doing spot ding repairs on the enamel on a
washing machine tank that will hold up?

Thanks

Tank? I've never seen a tank on a washing machine. Do you mean the inside
basket? If it is porcelain, nothing can truly repair it, but there are some
epoxy paints that are fairly decent. You'll get a couple of years out of
them.

Worn out Retread April 19th 10 02:09 PM

Any product effective for washing machine tank enamel repair?

Go to a good paint store in your area and ask them about porcelain paint
repair. I have seen some bath tubs and sinks that were re-done and turned
out just great.

WW[_2_] April 19th 10 02:49 PM

Any product effective for washing machine tank enamel repair?

"muzician21" wrote in message
Is there anything for doing spot ding repairs on the enamel on a
washing machine tank that will hold up?

Thanks

I used JB Weld in our dishwasher to cover a chip. Still OK after 3 years. DW
used every day. Color don't match but who cares. WW

muzician21 April 20th 10 07:04 AM

On Apr 19, 5:45*am, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"muzician21" wrote in message

Is there anything for doing spot ding repairs on the enamel on a
washing machine tank that will hold up?

Thanks

Tank? *I've never seen a tank on a washing machine. *Do you mean the inside
basket? *

Dunno, I've seen it referred to as the inner tank.

muzician21 April 20th 10 07:05 AM

On Apr 19, 9:49*am, "WW" wrote:

I used JB Weld in our dishwasher to cover a chip. Still OK after 3 years. DW
used every day. Color don't match but who cares. WW

I'm surprised since my experience with JB is that it doesn't hold up
to immersion in water.