Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default dish washers

My daughter has just built a new house with every gadget (it is ultra
modern) in it that you could think of but what has impressed me most is her
dish washer set up.
She has a dish washer on each side of the sink so that when one is full and
cleaning she can put dirty dishes in the other and so keep all her work tops
and sink clear of dirty dishes.
I never thought of this before but it is an excellent idea if you have
space; dish washers are not expensive but what a difference it has made to
her kitchen.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 20, 10:14*am, "Stewart" wrote:
My daughter has just built a new house with every gadget (it is ultra
modern) in it that you could think of but what has impressed me most is her
dish washer set up.
She has a dish washer on each side of the sink so that when one is full and
cleaning she can put dirty dishes in the other and so keep all her work tops
and sink clear of dirty dishes.
I never thought of this before but it is an excellent idea if you have
space; dish washers are not expensive but what a difference it has made to
her kitchen.

Odd idea, a wash only takes an hour or so. Better to remove the
innards of the 2nd machine and mount it on the ceiling, so it washes
the entire kitchen ISTR someone doing that once.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/12/2011 10:14, Stewart wrote:
My daughter has just built a new house with every gadget (it is ultra
modern) in it that you could think of but what has impressed me most is
her dish washer set up.
She has a dish washer on each side of the sink so that when one is full
and cleaning she can put dirty dishes in the other and so keep all her
work tops and sink clear of dirty dishes.
I never thought of this before but it is an excellent idea if you have
space; dish washers are not expensive but what a difference it has made
to her kitchen.

Occurred to me as obvious within hours of using my first dishwasher. But
then I am the laziest git you're likely to encounter :-)

Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"Stewart" writes:
My daughter has just built a new house with every gadget (it is ultra
modern) in it that you could think of but what has impressed me most is her
dish washer set up.
She has a dish washer on each side of the sink so that when one is full and
cleaning she can put dirty dishes in the other and so keep all her work tops
and sink clear of dirty dishes.
I never thought of this before but it is an excellent idea if you have
space; dish washers are not expensive but what a difference it has made to
her kitchen.

I find that emptying the dishwasher when it's finished solves this
problem for me.

Maybe with two dishwashers, you can get away with having no storage
space for crockery and pans, if you limit yourself to the amount that
fits in one at a time.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Stewart
writes
Our dish washer takes well over 2 hours to wash and dry the dishes and
in that time we generally use more dishes.

Bet you find you can sort circuit that though by opening the door. on
the 50C 'Eco' program we normally use the dishwasher seems to sit for
about 40 mins at the end whilst things dry inside.

Open the door and they are dry in 5 mins or so.

--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
"Stewart" writes:
My daughter has just built a new house with every gadget (it is ultra
modern) in it that you could think of but what has impressed me most is her
dish washer set up.
She has a dish washer on each side of the sink so that when one is full and
cleaning she can put dirty dishes in the other and so keep all her work tops
and sink clear of dirty dishes.
I never thought of this before but it is an excellent idea if you have
space; dish washers are not expensive but what a difference it has made to
her kitchen.

I find that emptying the dishwasher when it's finished solves this
problem for me.

Indeed so, and running it overnight means that whilst it is
running there is no further accumulation of dirty dishes, and
saves money on E7.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
"Stewart" writes:
[...]

We use a manual wash, takes about 10 mins to load, wash, dry and put away.

Very eco friendly.

Jim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2011-12-20, Rob wrote:
On 20/12/2011 10:14, Stewart wrote:
My daughter has just built a new house with every gadget (it is ultra
modern) in it that you could think of but what has impressed me most is
her dish washer set up.
She has a dish washer on each side of the sink so that when one is full
and cleaning she can put dirty dishes in the other and so keep all her
work tops and sink clear of dirty dishes.
I never thought of this before but it is an excellent idea if you have
space; dish washers are not expensive but what a difference it has made
to her kitchen.

Occurred to me as obvious within hours of using my first dishwasher.

Me too.

But
then I am the laziest git you're likely to encounter :-)

Oi, form a queue, you.

Bow down before your master!

;-

--
Tim Watts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"Stewart" writes:
My daughter has just built a new house with every gadget (it is ultra
modern) in it that you could think of but what has impressed me most is her
dish washer set up.
She has a dish washer on each side of the sink so that when one is full and
cleaning she can put dirty dishes in the other and so keep all her work tops
and sink clear of dirty dishes.
I never thought of this before but it is an excellent idea if you have
space; dish washers are not expensive but what a difference it has made to
her kitchen.

I find that emptying the dishwasher when it's finished solves this
problem for me.

If the space left in it will hold a significant amount of washing but less
than the next meal will generate, you either have to run it before it's
full just to make room for the next batch, or leave some of the next batch
out while the current full load cleans.

I was tempted to get two smaller dishwashers so there's always one empty
and clean for the overflow to start filling. In the end, I didn't bother
though.

I expect we'll more than fill the dishwasher some meals this Christmas.
Maybe the OP's daughter entertains a lot and does that more often than
just at Christmas.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 20, 4:24*pm, "Jim Edgerton" wrote:
"Chris J Dixon" wrote in messagenews:1db1f7h5vt0vig0d28v99dihf395nplnrj@4ax .com...

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
"Stewart" writes:
[...]

why bother with the dry and put away, leave them in the rack and they
are handy, (and dry) for the next time.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 10:14:52 -0000, Stewart wrote:

My daughter has just built a new house with every gadget (it is ultra
modern) in it that you could think of but what has impressed me most is
her dish washer set up.
She has a dish washer on each side of the sink so that when one is full
and cleaning she can put dirty dishes in the other and so keep all her
work tops and sink clear of dirty dishes.
I never thought of this before but it is an excellent idea if you have
space; dish washers are not expensive but what a difference it has made
to her kitchen.

And if you don't have quite enough space in exactly the right place get a
commercial one. With a three minute cycle. I don't think there are many
domestic kitchens where that would not keep pace with the rate of dirtying.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"polygonum" wrote in message
news
And if you don't have quite enough space in exactly the right place get a
commercial one. With a three minute cycle. I don't think there are many
domestic kitchens where that would not keep pace with the rate of
dirtying.

I have used one with a 90 sec cycle.
the trouble is they take 20-30 mins to heat up before you can use the 90 sec
cycle.
They also use a lot of energy heating the water tank, far more than the few
litres a domestic machine uses per wash.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 20:56:17 -0000, dennis@home
wrote:

"polygonum" wrote in message
news
And if you don't have quite enough space in exactly the right place get
a commercial one. With a three minute cycle. I don't think there are
many domestic kitchens where that would not keep pace with the rate of
dirtying.

I have used one with a 90 sec cycle.
the trouble is they take 20-30 mins to heat up before you can use the 90
sec cycle.
They also use a lot of energy heating the water tank, far more than the
few litres a domestic machine uses per wash.

If you can afford a new house, and the space and cost of two dishwashers
just to keep the surfaces clear, I don't think a few extra units of
electricity will be much of an issue.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/12/2011 16:24, Jim Edgerton wrote:
"Chris J wrote in message
Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In ,
writes:
[...]

According even to Friends of the Earth, assuming you already have a
dishwasher and therefore there is no environmental cost in making a new
one, dishwashing can be more environmentally friendly than hand washing.
Less water is used, necessitating less heating as well.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 20, 11:04*pm, "Stewart" wrote:
You are quite right, my daughter did enquire about a commercial dishwasher
but they could not match her kitchen!!

"polygonum" wrote in message

news

[...]

Rod- Hide quoted text -

You need a magic dishwasher like ours!
I leave the dirty dishes on the worktop and the washing fairy puts
them in the dishwasher, washes them and puts them away in the cupboard.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"Stewart" writes:
My daughter has just built a new house with every gadget (it is ultra
modern) in it that you could think of but what has impressed me most is her
dish washer set up.
She has a dish washer on each side of the sink so that when one is full and
cleaning she can put dirty dishes in the other and so keep all her work tops
and sink clear of dirty dishes.
I never thought of this before but it is an excellent idea if you have
space; dish washers are not expensive but what a difference it has made to
her kitchen.

I find that emptying the dishwasher when it's finished solves this
problem for me.

Maybe with two dishwashers, you can get away with having no storage
space for crockery and pans, if you limit yourself to the amount that
fits in one at a time.

We have one which is split horizontally into two separate machines (a
Fischer Paykel I think). Works well for us as the two halves can function
completely independently.

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

chudford wrote:

You need a magic dishwasher like ours!
I leave the dirty dishes on the worktop and the washing fairy puts
them in the dishwasher, washes them and puts them away in the cupboard.

I try that, but the fairy just chews my nuts off and makes me do it...

--
Tim Watts

Dish washers and glass Dave UK diy 14 February 12th 09 10:13 AM
Installing a Sky dish - DIY or not ? Adrian UK diy 52 August 21st 06 02:41 PM
OT - Nowhere to put Sky dish JoeJoe UK diy 44 August 14th 05 01:42 PM
Dish tv Muff Home Repair 5 November 23rd 04 11:11 PM
Source for GOOD bolts, washers, copper washers, etc? Miki Kanazawa Metalworking 3 October 6th 03 11:45 PM